1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'Tracy is better than Kobe'...NBA head coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bestgao, Jan 24, 2006.

1. bestgao

bestgao Member

A leader makes his team better.
    That's the major difference between Kobe and other great players like Jordan and Magic.
    Tracy is already way ahead of Kobe in this area.
    I will take half-healthy Tracy over Kobe any time. Of course, I wouldn't mind a 100% TMac at all ;-)

I can also see LJ way ahead of Kobe in this area even though he just came out of high school.
    That is Basketball IQ.

Put either Tracy or LJ on current Lakers team, their record should be much better.

If you watched this season's lakers games a lot, you would notice Lakers played much better basketball with Kobe on the bench. Even Laker's commentators mentioned once or twice that Lakers's offence is much more fluent with Kobe on the bench.

The biggest mistake Jazz made when playing with Lakers was to make Kobe fouled out and turned out losing the game. When Kobe was on the court, Jazz was in the lead and had everying under control.

Kobe might be successful playing boxing or wrestling with his anger temper and huge ego, but he will not succeed any more in basketball with Shaq gone.

2. barryxzz

barryxzz Member

By the way, the title of the thread is misleading. I don't see "Tracy is better than Kobe" as anyone's quote in the article.

Don't get me wrong, I will take Tracy over Kobe any time (since I heard Yao didn't like Kobe ;)). Just being picky, that's all. :)

3. xomox

xomox Member

if you got to see the highlights of kobe vs. the raptors, you saw that he was only contested on a couple of jumpshots. the rest of the game he was wide open. everyone was just watching him from the raptors side.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member

I think somehow T-Mac is better than Kobe, skills wise, physically, and in some mental aspects of the game Kobe is better, but somehow, to me, T-Mac is still the better player. That said, bestgao, the Lakers do not play better with Kobe on the bench, that's a fact, maybe they played better in that Utah game and for specific minutes, but overall they are a pathetic team without him.

T-Mac is better, don't ask me why. :p

5. bestgao

bestgao Member

Believe me, I won't ask you why because it is a fact.
    Not just because TMac is a leader and a team player but also because he is more talent.
    I remembered TMac did at least twice in All-Star game and a regular game his 'self assist from bounce rebound and jam' trick. Kobe tried once but didn't succeed.

Only three things Kobe has more than Tracy, his huge ego, his scandal, and rings. For the first and second, Tracy don't need them. And for the third, Tracy will get soon and more.

6. Jeffster

Jeffster Member

Huh? What shooters did we trade for brickers??

7. hashmander

hashmander Member

rockets minus yao is nothing like kobe and lakers. lamar odom is a much better second option than juwan howard and brian cook is a better spot up shooter than everyone on our roster.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wasn't it Rafer that said when he was in Toronto they never really had a gameplan going into games?

9. Uprising

Uprising Member

That's pretty funny. It would have been entertaining to have heard that interview. I really got made at MJ when he got into Howard's face a hile back, but I don't hate the guy. I didn't like his shoot first pass LAST mentality he had last season. He would have been great as a an automatic scoring machine off the bench. But when TMAC is on the floor, he needed to look to pass more.

Granted, we REALLY could have used him this season. More so than Rafer IMO.

10. BamBam

BamBam Member

So you're saying that Kobe has better role players? If that's the case then he is
    totally underachieving with the 22-19 record that the Fakers have........bear
    in mind that mediocre record is with Kobe in the lineup......

When can they afford to double or triple team Kobe?.......
    30,40,50,60,70,80pts....come on it was just plain ignorance
    by Sam Mitchel to let Kobe go off like that! :rolleyes:

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Apparently, there's plenty of truth to that...

I have always believed Mitchell was way in over his head, now it's just been confirmed to me with one of his own players coming out and protesting his game plan.

Mitchell is only interested in protecting his arse.

Still, man do I wish we had MJ on this roster, him and McGrady would be a two-headed monster on offense, and we would win even without Yao, but would become great team when Yao comes back.

12. AMS

AMS Member

in the end

rafer > mike james

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

I will reluctantly admit that Rafer might be a better fit in the starting lineup, but man could we have used his scoring this season!

Still, I agree that it might not have been as bad if we had our full roster healthy and ready to go.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

T-Mac is better than Kobe, he plays basketball (team sport) kobe just shoots and shoots. T-Mac would score like Kobe if thats the plan of the team, but it isnt. I like T-Mac more than Kobe in the USA basketball team, because right now they need team players, not ballhogs.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Tracy is a better post player, primeter player and a better rebounder. however kobe is a more strong willed player.overrall, i'll take a fully fit tracy anyday of the week.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Mike James for Alston. We also got rid of Padgett who could hit a 3. We acquired DA who is a bricker. It doesn't seem like JVG puts much of a premium on shooters.

I like Alston but when we traded Mike James we should have looked for other shooters.

17. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

18. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Tmac is better than Kobe.

-God.

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Outside of Lamar Odom, the Lakers roster is just as terrible as the Rox

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Orlando 03-04

look, I don't know who's the better team player but the notion that T-Mac is a better leader and a better team player is silly.