1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Torrent request for today's game highlights?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancet, Jan 13, 2005.

1. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Anyone? I want to collect this game's highlights. T-Mac's 2 dunks. Rockets 33 assistants? Out-mavericked the Mavericks? That's priceless!

2. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I'd like to see that dunk and the game torrent as well.
    Im sure R2K will be posting it soon.

Thanks!

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Tmacs awesome driving dunk in the 4th

Wesley shows his defense

these are the only two I have right now....If we had a night off between games I would get some more.....but I do have to work for a living. :p

the full game KNWS broadcast torrent will be hitting its normal posting spot hopefully within the next few hours...since Im not in charge of that, I cant tell you for sure..

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry, but what does 'torrents' mean?

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

its a way you swap files.

He is referring to video clips. (these ones don't need to be downloaded via a torrent downloader.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

right....theree are two different ways to acquire files over the internet...

1) downloading directly from a server

2) downloading from other users(peers)

when I post clips....they are stored on a friend's server, and all you have to do is to right-click and save them...they immediately start downloading to your machine.

when you see torrents.....these are basically files that connect you with others(peers/seeds) that have the file...you then start downloading bits and pieces of the file from all the peers that you are connected to.

the full game files are torrents...it is necessary to use torrents since it would be prohibitively expensive on the bandwidth to serve each and every person who wants to download it....by using other peers to share the load....it doesnt cost as much in bandwidth to serve the same amount of people.

7. Uprising

I was waiting for you to post the explanation...I am too lazy to type it up. Plus, I don't know that much about torrents either.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

eh....Im sure that it probably left some scratching their heads in confusion...but thats the best "in a nutshell" explanation I could come up with on short notice.

also....to add to the above explanation for those that will inevitably ask....you do need a seperate software to process the torrents....I prefer Azureus...some like BitComet.....do a google search for "bittorrent" or "bittorrent clients" for more information.

and also...I know I have said this a million times....but you must have the Xvid codec to watch...and you shoudlprobably use a decent video player(not quicktime,Realplayer or WMP)

9. Uprising

did you get the torrent up?

is it on Smeg?

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yes..it is posted...normal place...;)

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

R2K, what is the 'normal place'?

Thanks

13. Gummi Clutch

^^^ Yes please help us!

14. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

^^^
    ^^^

allow users to send you email and you might get help... otherwise, tough luck.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I guess I could be nice and give them a hint...do ya think?

hmmm...

ok....here is a neat trick that you can use to find things that are sometimes left unsaid...

checking a existing link...and stripping it down to its base domain can sometimes yield interesting results.

or if that is too obtuse for you....

checking a past thread that pertains to torrents and clips might just allow you to find the answers you seek.

and to answer what Im sure you are asking right now........in order to keep from seeming like I am spamming this board...I dont feel comfortable posting links to the location. I would advise bookmarking the location when you find it.

16. Gummi Clutch

R2K.
    I have changed my options so you should be able to PM me now.
    My email is in my sig.
    Beverb95@yahoo.com just incase you cant read sigs (i saw that in the user profile options too just now).

Please help me out here.
    I semi have a clue of what your saying, but dont have a lot of time to look cause Im extremely busy with work.
    A link in the email would be great ;)

Thanks!