1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 3 things I dislike about your election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jovi, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Jovi

Jovi Member

Well, it´s been a while since I last posted, but I just need to share my opinion with you.

What I think is pretty ridiculous:

1. Bush only knows Europe from a brief trip to Italy (according to newspapers)

2. Your voting procedure is pretty ridiculous, but that´s another story

And, thirdly, the biggest problem:

Around 206 million people are allowed to vote, but only around 100 do so. That´s way too little and incredible. That means that a possible president (given he receives 50% of the votes) is only backed by 1/4 of the whole country...this I think is pretty sad...

Feel free to jump on me [​IMG]

Johannes

------------------
    What do you expect from someone who beats up his fiancee?

2. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

No need to jump on you. You are correct. It is pathetic that we have such low voter turnout.

Maybe it will take having a moron as our president to make people realize that they need to go vote.

But on the other hand, if Bush wins the elctoral college and loses the poular vote and still becomes president then I would expect a lot of people to question why they voted at all. If our popular vote doesn't matter then why bother at all!?

Now excuse me while I enter my four year depression......

------------------
    RocketFuel is dead!

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah, well we have 2 morons to choose from.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Only in America....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I am wholeheartedly and enthusiastically in agreement with you on this one, Mr. Pimp!

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

The thing i find most bizarre (aside from the voting procedures and non compulsory voting) is that out of a population of 200 milion people the 2 candidates for the presidency of the most powerful country in the world are both Puppets, you dress the same, look the same, say the same things and both look like they are part the way through their first semester of an acting course.

That is, they really look like they are putting everything on and they have No charisma and were both dismal public speakers.

Surely out of 200 million people the parties could find someone, who can speak well and possesses charisma, charm, wit, a sense of humour and the ability to get your attention with their intelligence.

------------------
    www.ILoveHumblePie.com

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I second, wait, third that sentiment!

As I have said, may the best liar win!!!!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jovi

for the Record. . Where are you at/from?
    I have noticed that Voting in any other
    place is all that great . . not number wise
    but organize wise.

honestly I'm a typical american and only give
    passing notice elections else where
    [only hear about them when their is a fight afterwards or it's england]

I mean honestly. . . I could not name the
    'Parties' in any other nation
    [do british still have a whig party?]

Rocket River
    here to learn

------------------

8. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I fourth that statement Pimp (and it was for that very reason why I did not vote), even though I think Bush ("fuzzy math" and all) is ever so slightly less of a moron than Gore.

------------------