1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

tonight's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by insideout, Oct 11, 2001.

Tags:
  1. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

i just got tickets to tonight's game versus dallas. - row 2 seat 20 VIP! if i see any of the guys tonight, what questions should i ask, if any--besides the "cato, why don't you be a man and start earning your paycheck?"

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

Tell Steve to dunk on Shawn Bradley like Mo Taylor did.:)

3. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

Ask Rudy T what the chances are that we would keep Damon Jones.

4. red

red Contributing Member

always ask...if you were are tree...what tree would you be...

5. red

red Contributing Member

speaking of tonights game...wha time and can i expect to see in on nba league pass...

6. Houstone

Houstone Member

Tell Moochie to grow a bigger fro, he'll defend Shaq with it..

7. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

i still want to know what the fastest land animal is

8. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Lousiana Cockroach.

Your Welcome:)

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The game will be on league pass (free preview)

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Does the channel become available when the game starts?

11. Houstone

Houstone Member

Nope

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Are you sure Houstone? I thought if you had access to the channel it popped on when the game started!

13. MaddogMoney

MaddogMoney Contributing Member

Is there any way to listen to the game on the Internet?

950 isn't broadcasting on the Internet anymore due to "licensing questions" or something like that.

14. Houstone

Houstone Member

Naw RocksMillenium I dont even know...:)

15. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

16. H-town#1fan

H-town#1fan Member

I thought they are broadcasting it on Fox Sports Southwest.

17. BobFinn*

Pimp-yes, the channel will "show up" around 30 min before gametime. Start at NBA.com TV and work your way up the channels. I think it will be on NBA-5 which should be around channel 725.

Money- all internet stations are involved in the "Licensing question."

STREAMING NOTICE:
    Due to new proposed legislation from the FCC and AFTRA (American Federation of Talent and Recording Artists), radio stations will discontinue broadcasting over the internet until an agreement can be reached. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that an agreement can be reached as soon as possible.

18. BobFinn*

Here is the reason for no internet broadcasts:

AFTRA Addresses Congress to Ensure
    that License Fees from Music on the Internet
    are Paid Directly to Artists

Washington, D.C., May 17, 2001, Washington, D.C. -- The union representing recording artists has urged Congress to effectuate its intent that performers share copyright license fees from music on the internet by ensuring that the license fees which Congress earmarked for artists go directly to them, rather than pass through other entities, such as recording companies. The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) explained to Congress that if the money were to pass through middlemen such as the record companies, they would have the opportunity to recoup from these revenues, even if such recoupment is not permitted. Moreover, there would be a delay in the performers' payment, and it would be impossible for the performers to ensure that they are actually paid the amount mandated by Congress without conducting a costly, time-consuming and burdensome audit.

AFTRA's statement to the Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet and Intellectual Property of the House Judiciary Committee, which held hearings today on music on the internet, also refuted the widely held misconceptions about how--and how much--recording artists are paid. AFTRA's 80,000 members include 15,000 singers, 4,000 of whom are royalty artists. "Royalty artists receive a royalty for the sale or distribution of each recording and do not receive a fee for making an album...[They] must pay for all the production costs of an album, and typically pay half of independent promotional costs, 50% of the costs of videos and as much as 100% of the tour costs." AFTRA's Director of Sound Recordings, Ann Chaitovitz, testified.

"What often is not understood is that the artist does not receive any of this royalty money until the recording company has recouped these costs." This may take two or three years, Ms. Chaitovitz said. Recording star Sheryl Crow, for example, has stated that she did not receive any money until after her record had sold three million units, but fewer than 0.35% of all recordings sold in 1999 achieved that figure. Thus, most royalty artists never actually receive any royalties.

While copyright law mandates that recording artists receive a portion of the revenues derived from Internet broadcasting of their work, direct payment to them, rather than to third parties, will ensure proper and timely compensation and eliminate the need for expensive audits, Ms. Chaitovitz explained.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The Rockets are my team, but I think I'll watch Jordan tonight

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't let a real Rockets fan catch you in a dark alley... :mad:

;)