1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Dwight Howard Now Under Criminal Investigation for Child Abuse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Well. The first 10 games of the season were fun. It's all downhill from here. Whether he gets suspended or not, this is going to affect him big time. He's already hated enough, this is just giving the haters more ammo, as well as going to turn people who had his back against him. And from what I've seen from Dwight, he will not handle that very well.

1 person likes this.
  2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

You're really in his head.

What does Dwight think about The Holderness Family?

3. TheresTheDagger

Threads like this make me glad I'm not a parent in this day and age.

I stay away from as contact with children as much as possible. Its becoming too hard to know what is and isn't acceptable, and stuff like this (not making judgements one way or another) confirms its a smart call.

4. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Wow! Let's not get carried away here,it said under investigation not a formal charge,he was already aquitted in 1 state I don't see any reason why he would not be aquitted in another.

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I received a few belt whoopings here and there as a child. I see nothing wrong with it, personally. I sure as heck stopped whatever I was doing that caused the belt whooping lol

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You're right. I just read somewhere that he admitted to it and claimed he didn't know any better. If that's true then he's a moron. But you're right, should wait til everything is clearer.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This. Les is already looking to sell the team. Rockets insiders are saying even though Les is not a racist, as of last night he has been making racist remarks left right and center in an effort to get the NBA to force him to sell the team. More to come as it develops.

8. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Sounds like bull**** to mw

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Doesn't Dwight come from a very religious family and background? How does his family and congregation feel about him having so many children out of wedlock?

10. RV6

RV6 Member

Story is starting to pick up steam on social networks...not good for Dwight. It'll be interesting to see if we see a significant dip in performance.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Rule of thumb? Dwight's got big thumbs...

I don't see the big deal. People act like he beat the kid to within an inch of his life, not just a belt to the butt situation.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Not a huge surprise ESPN picked up the story and not a shocker that they bait the headline to decieve people into thinking the worst. It's only at the end of the article where they bury the fact that he's been charged with nothing and one state has already dismissed the case.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Abraham had concubines

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

after what happened to AP I really hope this **** stays under wraps

15. RV6

RV6 Member

And now it's headlining the local 10 o'clock news....

16. aumate

aumate Member

What's going to happen? As I said before, if this was the NFL, he'd be suspend. It's the NBA when you basically will have to murder someone to get suspended but then with how the things are these days, he could.

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

and people say dwight is soft...

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The police re-opened the case..

19. RV6

RV6 Member

It'll be worse now that the AP case is out there. Can't sweep anything unde the rug, if they find he did abuse his kid. The only thing different is, there are more games in the NBA, so it would be easier to suspend him for several games and not the season....but in this conference race, might as well.

20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

From USA Today - COBB COUNTY, Ga.— Cobb County police are investigating allegations that Houston Rockets star Dwight Howard abused his 7-year-old child.

According to Sgt. Dana Pierce, the incident happened on Oct. 1, 2014. Cobb County police were asked to investigate the allegations by the Florida agency Howard Phillips Center for Children and Families, Pierce said.

Police looked into the case, but initially did not find anything. However, in the last 24 hours, more information has come forth that has led police to take another look at the case, Pierce said.

No arrests have been made, and no other details about the allegations are available. Cobb County Police are investigating because the alleged incident happened there, Pierce said.

"We are aware of the allegations concerning Dwight Howard and are in the process of independently gathering the facts," NBA executive vice president of communications Mike Bass told USA TODAY Sports.

The Rockets declined to comment on the case.

Howard's attorney, David Oscar Markus, issued a statement:

"The Florida Department of Children and Families thoroughly examined all of the evidence and determined that the claims of child abuse were not substantiated. The case was closed in September.

"(The child's mother) Royce Reed is now shopping her baseless allegations to authorities in Georgia after the Florida DCF case was closed. Even though the allegations have already been found to have no merit, when a complaint about the welfare of a child is made to law enforcement, an investigation is commenced. We are confident the Georgia authorities will reach the same conclusion as the Florida authorities. The truth is on our side.

"It is appalling to see a mother use her son as a pawn against his father in attempt to extract money, which is what is happening in this case. While Royce Reed continues on her aimless quest with the media, Dwight Howard will continue to act in the best interest of his children and do whatever is necessary to protect them."

Howard is an Atlanta native who has spent his NBA career playing for the Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers and Rockets.