1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Temperature: 0-5 degrees, no snow predicted, new sod

The Titans, believe it or not, actually have the better running game of late. Racking up well over 150 against the Ravens is unbelievable. That should help in the cold weather. But the nagging Titan injuries will be impeded by it. New England has the dominnant passing game, home field advanatage, and they don't turn the ball over. That's always critical. As a Titan fan I'm going with my boys with a 2 minute drive for the ages.

Titans 22 Patriots 20.

The notables predicting a Titans win: Gruden, Bettis, Hines, Salibury, Schlereth, Golic, Hodge

The Notables predicting a New england win: costas, Marino, Carter, Collinsworth, Theisman, Allen, Jaworski, Novacek, Dr. Z, Pete O'Brien,

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

My hunch is that the Titans will roll. I know this sounds stupid, but they are due for a great game... been awhile.

I read some stat about how strong McNair bounced back from his bad games. The last two times he had 3-interceptions games, the team went on to win 16 in a row or something like that.

Big game. Good time. Wishful thinking?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I hope the Pats kick the crap out of the Titans and little old Bud has to go home crying like the little b**** that he is. Even if I did like the Titans I wouldnt think they would have a chance against the Pats.

5. drapg

drapg Member

Titans 24 - Patsies 17

McNair will once again put our team on his shoulders and take us to the AFC Championship Game.

I can't WAIT until tomorrow night! I truly feel that Patriots are somewhat fearful of the Titans.

6. super_mario

super_mario Member

Here in Boston, they were showing clips of Jeff Fisher saying that he thought the tempreature would be in the low 20's at game time. They'll be lucky if it gets above single digits.

I'm predicting a tough Pats win.

Brady has been playing with gloves for the last few games so I think that he should be a bit more prepared.

Antwain Smith has been used sparingly during the season and he is fresh now and playing well.

The temperature in Boston was 1 degree this morning and I am concerned that the temperature will be so cold that it would negate any advantage that the Pats might have. It's hard to imagine playing in weather like this.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

:rolleyes:

Yeah, the team that's won 12 straight and are playing at home are really fearful of a team with a banged up QB and RB.

I'm not saying they don't respect them or anything, but to say that the team with the AFC's best record is fearful of the Titans is absurd.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Titans will win by at least 10.

DD

9. drapg

drapg Member

It's called a gut instinct, Packer boy.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The Patriots will win this one handily. A healthy McNair has a 50-50 chance against the Patriots defense. A gimpy McNair has no chance against the Patriots defense.

Pats - 21
    Titanettes - 10

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

12. Fatty FatBastard

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hope Bud freezes his fat, hairy, wart infested, dingleberry hanging, smelly ass off like the disgusting hillbilly butterhog that he is...and I say that with the greatest of respect.

Pats 124
    Tittieboys -3

BURRRR

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK, your gut instinct is absurd, Traitor boy.

The Pats aren't fearful of anyone, including the Titans.

15. drapg

drapg Member

And here we go...

16. Buck Turgidson

Neither team should be able to run much, but the titans but NE has the clear edge in the passing game, given the opposition.

NE by 10.

Unrelated, but the more I think about it, the more I see Carolina beating STL this weekend.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Defensive struggle is what I envision in this game. In the end, I think the Titans have the better skill players than New England.

Titans 6
    Pats 0

18. coma

coma Contributing Member

Manny,

When did you start smoking crack?

NE is the best home team in the league. Even if the Titan's offense by some pact with the devil limits NE's offense, NE's Special Teams will get them points.

Patriots - 24
    Titans - 16

19. coma

coma Contributing Member

Sorry for the double post, I meant Titan's defense.

20. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

As much as I dislike the Pats and would like Ten to win, I think in the cold, on that field, with so much on the line NE will win a close one.

Pats 20-14

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.