1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time Warner HDTV problem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DrewP, Sep 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Ill preface by saying I have a 65" Widescreen TV with Time Warner cable and HDTV convertor box.

The last few days the local HDTV channels have looked terrible. The widescreen is always cut off (this happens sometimes normally but not all the time) but its all cut off at the top too. I am left with a picture inside my tv that is like half the size of the TV. I know that this is all not supposed to be happening because on top of the minimized size, there are what looks like white dashes at the top of the picture. Its almost like it is doing tracking on a VCR. Is anyone else having these problems as of late?

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

May not help but I found out on my new Time Warner DVR there are a couple of options in the advanced set up where you can choose a range of signal outputs. 480, 480i , 720, 1080 etc. My Sony Wega also had a set up option where you could choose the various signals to process. I selected all on both and I get the right signals; it just takes a long time to adjust when you go from an an analog 4:3 to a digital 16:9.

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Okay, Im pretty sure that the problem was that it was on "ant-B" rather than "dtv".... no idea why it would even show a picture on "ant-B" but whatever.

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Press settings on your remote. Cycle up and down and there should be an option for screen size, check to make sure you dont have it set to stretch.