1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ticketmaster was better than this crap. Rockets charge outrageous fees for tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Oct 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I am so frickin pissed off at the Rockets. One of the reasons given by the Rockets for abandoning the scum that is Ticketmaster was the high fees that they charged.

I shouldn't be surprised but Le$ is now doing the same to us now through online ticket sales. If you want to buy tickets online you have to pay a total of $11.50 for ****ing handling and "covenience" charges. ARE THEY ****ING SERIOUS. This applies even if you buy $10 tickets. If you buy one ticket at that price you pay more for FEES than for the damn ticket itself. I couldn't believe my eyes when trying to buy a ticket to a game in December.

These fees can in NO WAY be justified. The cost of printing a damn ticket and overhead costs in no way comes close to $11.50 per order.

This is an outrage and Tim needs to answer to this crap. This is inexcusable. I regret voting for this arena. The only ones who benefit are the rich and the corporate types. The average fan is getting screwed hard here. We now have to pay for parking and the parking garage that WE PAID for with our tax dollars is only for the suite and club seats holders, in essence the very rich. I had always thought that the garage was going to be for everyone like it was at Compaq.

This is the last straw for me. I refuse to be ass raped by this team.

2. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

man, i feel your pain. really. and that is screwed up. :mad:

but, seriously....

seriously....

that sh*t was funny.

:D

4. Crocketball Fan

By the way, although the new arena wound up costing the taxpayers more than the baseball stadium, Sports Authority head crook Billy Burge claims that every project they have done has come on "on time and under budget". They will also not be disbanding tthe Sports Authority now that the projects are finished. No, instead, they are going to "play a bigger role than ever" in helping Houston become a world class city. Why is this not a campaign issue in the mayor's race?

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Not that it is much better, but I just did a little quick check on the handling and convenience fees for a $10 ticket and they came out to $7.50 total. While that is still outrageous it's not quite as bad.

edit: and as a matter of fact, for a single ticket, the most expensive combined handling + convenience fees are $8.50.

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Wow. That garage deal sounds bad...

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . .to get around these fees . . .Can I just goto the Box Office or something

Rocket River
    So where the hell am i suppose to park

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

do we really have to pay to park at the new arena? I thought the parking price was always included in the ticket price.

9. persian hoopa

I live in NYC and checked Ticketmaster for Knicks tickets to compare. For $44.50 tickets, which are the lowest you can get, the convenience charge is $7.65. That is still expensive but yet it is still LOWER than what you pay in Houston, it is for more expensive seats, and it is in frickin New York, the most expensive city in the country. It is an outrage that "covenience" fees and handling fees are $4 more in Houston than New York. Le$ is a greedy son of a b****.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

whoa that's still messed up. i thought we were going to have an improvement from ticketmaster. i'll pay another 5.00 fee is you want to let me park in the precious garage but not to print a piece of paper.

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

There is no free parking and I think the only way not to get Ticketmastered is to buy at the gate or buy a miniplan. The plans are great but I would rather not be committed to certain dates ahead of time. The fees destroy my motivation when the game is on TV.

The thing that is annoying is the Rockets were supposed to be the anti-Ticketmaster. Well, business is business. I don't blame them. I'd do it too if I could :D

12. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I just went to hypothetically buy a $95 single ticket to the home opener vs Denver. In addition to the cost of the ticket, the online program charges these additional costs:

Handling Charge...$3.50
    Convenience Charge...$5.00

$8.50 is better than $11.50...but not much. I've always felt ticket "handling charges" in general were pretty much BS anyway. Some more than others. Didn't the technology spiral have any impact here? :(

13. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I feel you, man. The parking thing is a joke, the parking garage at compaq is small, but it's FREE. While toyota center have a much bigger garage, and they are only for the riches. It's not like only the rich people paid taxes!!

14. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

The convention center is nearby, I think we the POOR PEOPLE WHICH THE ROCKETS DON'T GIVE A DAMN OF, could sneak in and park there.

15. persian hoopa

This gets even worse y'all. I checked and if you buy 4 $10 tickets, you pay $19.50 in convenience and handling fees. You are paying an additional 50% on top of the price for tickets if you want to buy them online.

This is beyond outrageous. There is a $7.50 charge if you buy just ONE ticket. If you buy two like most people it goes up to $11.50. Who knows how much higher it gets if you want to buy 5 or more tickets. The ridiculous thing is that for the priciest seats in the house, you only pay a $1 more in service charges. So those paying the least for tickets, in essence the middle class, students, etc. pay a much higher cost in real dollars for this stupid charges than the rich guys do.

There is no justification for this. This outright robbery. The nerve of Le$ to do this for an arena that WE TAXPAYERS built for him.

16. rocketinmypants

I say we boycott and just watch the games on TV. Oh wait, I'm already doing that.

17. persian hoopa

Oh another thing, if you decide to buy the tickets from Randalls, you end paying the same ridiculous fees. The only way around it is if you go the box office, unless they try to stick with some fee there. :rolleyes:

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

They'll probably charge you to park when you buy from the box office...

The garage thing is offensive. I thought it was first come first serve. I guess they only want the rich fat-cats to have easy parking. The rest of us just have to fend for ourselves...even though our tax dollars paid for the garage....

19. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Here is the best part:

My wife went down there and they tried to convince her that all the cheap seats were sold out. They said they had only 95.00 tickets. I went online and got the 10.00 tickets for the same game - 2 for 31.50. I had 8 games I was getting tickets for, now I'll just watch on TV. I'm real disappointed.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm reading this thread and thinking how much of a rip-off buying tickets online is. This really sucks. I've bought my tickets online before and didn't really care about the additional charges even though I knew they were a scam and outrageous. I feel for the guy that barely has enough money to pay for a $10-$20 ticket then has an $8-$10 fee slapped on top of that.

Pretty pathetic, but in all honesty can the Rockets do anything about this? It's the ticketing company that charges the fees, correct?