1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thunder storm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by a la rockets, Jun 3, 2003.

1. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I have just lived the biggest thunderstorm in my life!

First off,what you have to know is that I live in France,and there is a 7 hour time difference between Western Europe and Houston.This makes it 3:30 am at the time I'm typing this.
    For the last mounth now,the weather in Bordeaux(South West of France) has been abnormally hot(about 10° hotter).This might explain why tonight I was waken by an incredibly big thunderstorm.Now I know you people are thinking "he's been in a thunderstorm,so what?!",but just for the fact that I'm up at 3 am typing this message,can prove u that this was no normal natural event!
    I'm no newby to storms as I have lived in Western Africa for many years,and there during the rain season in 1 Hour it rains 10 times more than a WHOLE year in Houston!Add that to the fact that every house,even europeen type,have iron-type roofs and u get one hell of a show!Yet,they never seemed to disturbe my sleep(I'm a very heavy sleeper :D )
    But,tonight when the rain started poring outside and thunder strated grounding I was almost imidietly awaken!U could almost here the fizzle of the lightnings split the sky!
    Normally,u can mesure the distance of the storm rom where u are by counting the time between the ray and the sound of thunder.Here,they were almost at the same time.U could really feal the center of the storm what right over the city!
    It was very intense,and I still feal the blood rushing through my veins!
    The strangest part is that now it perfectly calm.No rain.No thunder,no even in the distant.Nothing,as if nothing had happened;as if for that period we had been transported in hell and back.I know the expression peace just before the storm,well here it's peace right after!
    I feel much better after having shared my experience.All excitment has abandoned me and now I'm starting the weight of fatigue.
    Please forgive the bad writing,it's a mixture of excitment and rusty english.
    Thank you for having read one of my most intense encounter with nature(gots tons more interesting experiences to share...in a better writing I hope!).
    Good night

ALA

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thunderstorm-Matthew Sweet

Sun is gone
    And I'm on my own in a thunderstorm
    But it's not about to turn me around
    Hail is under my feet
    And lightning is in my head
    Deep inside I am tired of running
    I don't mind if the rain is coming

Walking onto the water
    Where I was meant to be
    I don't mind that the rain is coming
    I don't mind that the rain is coming down...

Lost my way into you
    And I don't know what else to do
    But wait for a calm in the storm
    Hoping it subsides
    And nothing is wrong when it rains
    Even from my eyes

Broke your vision of love
    As I saw through the sky above
    And heaven was windy with change
    Blowing through my time
    Even from my eyes

I wait for a calm in the storm
    Hoping it subsides
    Even from my eyes...

Yes I do
    Believe the rain
    And yes I do
    Deceive it when I can
    If I was running and I fell
    If it's subsiding I can't tell
    Looking at nature through a hole in the clouds

As you take a final bow
    The earth creates
    A dark and stormy now
    But you must answer if it calls
    Under the sky and when it falls
    Looking at nature through a hole in clouds

Yes
    I can explain
    Anyone's pain
    If It isn't mine to know
    Yes
    I feel it too
    No
    No I'm not you
    Is that the way you feel

When the first light closes the night
    And you feel unusually right

As sun streams it all around
    Filling you up with desire

But I love you only to find
    I can't have your heart inside mine
    On the outside you run away
    Having your day in sun

And you won't realize
    'Til after it's done
    You're back where your dreams began

Before I became who I am
    And before you were ever like this
    Even though you came to me
    Everything but what I see
    Having my day in the sun

And will I find myself
    After it's done
    Suddenly realize
    I'm back where my dreams began

I'm on my own
    I'm on my own
    Sun is gone and I'm on my own in a thunderstorm
    Sun is gone and I'm on my own in a thunderstorm
    I don't mind that the rain is coming
    I don't mind that the rain is coming down

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Wow! Forty feet of rain in one hour. I'd hate to see several days of that.

you sure you're not embellishing a bit? Perhaps it was a nightmare....go back to sleep.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I'm at my office near the intersection of Weslayan and Richmond, and it is pouring with lots of thunder and lightning. I'm glad we are finally getting some desperately needed rain. It poured like hell in Sugarland last night, but where I live (just outside the loop on the southwest side) we barely got drizzle. Not today!

5. Pole

Man....them's my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Robindale (between N. Braeswood, Beechnut, Hillcroft, and Bissonette). My parents now live on W. Bellfort....mom just called and said they only got about three minutes of rain.

I live in Pearland, and I drive to Texas City for work. That's some of the worst rain I've ever driven in. I'm glad my truck has some nice new shoes.

Speaking of tires, next time you guys are in the market for them, go to www.tirerack.com. They have user reviews of just about every tire, and they break down all different kinds of usable info. It really made selecting new tires a breeze, and the reviews were right.....these things are awesome in the rain.

6. RocketMan Tex

Neighbor!

I know Robindell very well. I grew up in Meyerland and my house is just on the Westbury side of the Meyerland/Westbury border, across the street from Westbury Methodist Church at Willowbend and West Bellfort. It started to rain pretty hard when I left for work, but I hope we got more than three minutes out of it. We need the rain badly.

7. underoverup

underoverup Member

French thunderstorm ha! try a Texas TS complete with an F5 tornado, then we'll talk. :) Just kidding must have been a crazy experience to keep you typing all night.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was HAILING in Sugar Land yesterday! I couldn't believe it. It was warm and humid, and it was hailing at the same time. What kind of weather is this? I'm just glad I didn't get any damage to my car.

9. Pole

Wow....my best friend from highschool (who also lived in Robindale) just bought a house down the street from you. He lives on W. Bellfort just past the HEB. I have a cousin who lives even closer to you--between Willowbend and W. Bellfort on Cedarhurst.

10. RocketMan Tex

Your cousin is my neighbor. I live on Cedarhurst, about 3 blocks down from Willowbend!

SMALL WORLD!:cool:

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Crazy rain this morning, my Trans Am flooded! DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!

You'll pay for this. If I have to cut down a thousand rainforests and kill a million baby seals, I swear, you'll pay for this.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

LMAO! Apollo Creed driving a Trans Am that is funny. Mother Nature is getting you back for smoking up her environment and dripping oil all over the place... :D