1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Throwback: Yao Ming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

If Yao and T-mac were healthy in that Lakers series - I think we would have won the series for sure.

2. don grahamleone

He's got a post game, but not one you can rely on. His post game could easily get there though with his foundation. He's got to get strong enough to do it over and over and over. Yao could score 10 points a game in the post during his post days. DMo is probably averaging 4 per game over the last season. There's a big difference when you can do it and defenses know you're going to do it.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

*championship :)

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

The whole reason why that team jelled together was because tmac left the team.

5. baubo

baubo Member

I know everyone talks about Yao’s fronting issue. But to this day I still maintain that a lot of the blame goes to the personnel around Yao. Teams were basically having their PF front Yao and center shade towards him. I’m not a basketball coach, but you can’t tell me that’s not something you can’t take advantage of as an offense. Instead we had Rafer Alston who can’t make a layup/teardrop/whatever that brick is called. T-Mac seems to be allergic to anything closer than 20 feet from the basket. Battier can’t blow past anyone. And JHo had that mid-range I feel never goes in.

Oh, how I want to see what would happen to teams today if they tried that crap with Yao and we have Harden and Lawson instead of Rafer and T-Mac. Imagine the driving lanes and if help comes over, Yao basically gets prime position for rebound.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Key points... look how efficiently we were passing Yao the ball.

Also... if only Dwight was half the man/player Yao was...

Sigh.

7. dharocks

dharocks Member

Imagine if T-Mac had even possessed half of Yao's work ethic and dedication.

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

If Yao and Deke were healthy.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac that year sucked on and off the court.

Tmac of 08-earlier would have been a positive.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine if that tmac for vince carter trade went through

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I was at the nets at rockets games that year at the deadline thinking Vince was going to be staying in houston and it never happended. Personally had just Yao not gotten hurt in the 2nd round I think we win the chip with relative ease.

Lakers/nuggets/magic

If the NBA was that weak like that season houston would have won a chip last year. The NBA has a lot of talent right now it unreal.

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

What people don't realize is because of his work ethic and his intelligence, and his ability to adapt...each year, he got better. The year after this he was significantly better than here. His final year he was virtually unstoppable and there was even MVP talk...and then came the injury.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I remember that series pretty clearly, Portland still had to exert alot of effort just keeping it away from him, Mainly blame it on the entry passers being absolute midgets, but when he got the ball he always went to work

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Umm they did take advantage of it at times.

Problem was that they'd spend way too long on the shotclock trying to deliver it from ONE position.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

I hope the Yao Ming fantasy world ends someday.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Roy, Oden, Yao...what could have been