1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thom Yorke solo album out July 11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, May 21, 2006.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

:eek: Well this is a nice surprise. Its amazing how word never really leaked about the project before this. Has anyone heard any tracks from this album?

Radiohead's Thom Yorke announces solo album

Updated 5/19/2006 9:40 AM ET

NEW YORK (AP) — Radiohead lead singer Thom Yorke will release his first solo album, The Eraser, in July.
    Yorke says he doesn't want to hear rumors of a rift with the band — or even the word "solo."

"This was all done with (the band's) blessing," he says. "And I don't want to hear that word solo. Doesn't sound right."

Yorke released a statement this weekend to various Radiohead fan sites disclosing the album, which he played on and wrote. Independent label XL Recordings said it would release the disc in the United Kingdom on July 10 and in the U.S. on July 11.

"The elements have been kicking round now for a few years and needed to be finished," says Yorke, 37. "I have been itching to do something like this for ages. It was fun and quick to do."

The album was produced and arranged by frequent Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich. Yorke says the music is "more beats and electronic," adding, "but it's songs." A track list of nine songs was released, as was the cover art by Stanley Donwood, who has frequently worked with Radiohead.

Radiohead is now touring Europe and, according to Yorke, writing new songs. After the tour concludes in late August, they plan to return to the studio to record their seventh album.

TRACKS
    the eraser
    analyse
    the clock
    black swan
    skip divided
    atoms for peace
    and it rained all night
    harrowdown hill
    cymbal rush

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I heard about this last week. I'm pretty excited, hopefully this holds me over until the new Radiohead album is complete.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

When The Bends first came out, I never stopped listening to it...

Still haven't stopped. Pretty much everything Thom Yorke touches is pure gold.

Zac_D rejoices with the solo release. :)

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

Nutty people..

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think Thom Yorke should write a song about a knife.

6. Mr. Brightside

Anyone listen to this album yet? Its great stuff. I really like the electronic pace to it.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No Johnny Greenwood, no buy for me.

I'm not a fan of the direction Radiohead has been going the last few albums. I don't like electronic music. I didn't even buy Hail to the Thief. From what I understand, this album is more of the same without the rest of the band.

Just my flea bittin' opinion though. To each his own.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I dowloaded it last week but still haven't been able to sit and enjoy it. Is it all electronic?

9. Mr. Brightside

No need to buy, when you can listen to a free stream of the whole album. :)

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds?ncid=AOLMUS00050000000009

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Black Swan Black Swan Black Swan. I love that song.

The solo album is really growing on me. It was 'meh' at first, and now it's on all the time.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah, I've been listening to this album for the past month or so, it leaked fairly early. It's a good album all the way around, with a couple of really really great tracks.

12. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Yarg...I know I am a musically impaired poop head...but I used to work with a pair of Radiohead fans....and the fact is that I would rather listen to "My heart will go on" over and over than to put up with the mismatched non musical tones that pass for music on "OK Computer"

13. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I can understand that. It took me quite awhile to get into Radiohead.

I've been listening to this cd for about 2 weeks now, its good stuff

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The days of me buying a sh!tload of CDs are over; however, this was one that I had been keeping my eye on. "Kid A" is my all-time favorite Radiohead CD and reading the reviews for "The Eraser" has gotten me very excited. So, I ordered my copy off Amazon today. Hopefully, it will be here within a week.