1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This series is not over!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 9, 2009.

1. Erichstolz

Erichstolz Member

Getting out of the first-round appreciation thread

Come on guys...the goal for all of you guys was to just get out of the first round for the first time in 12 years. and we did it. And we also competed (competing) against the lakers and still have a chance to beat them. So please, enough of the trade yao threads, and everything else. Great job Rockets for getting out of the first round and giving houston a chance for a championship....and yes we are still in it!!!!

2. gotsis

gotsis Member

lol .............. and yeah no diffrence between that team and this team at all..

3. wakkoman

wakkoman Member

Another sign of the stupid antics Tinman seems to disguise as "schooling" the noobs about the glory years...

NEWS FLASH... That was 14 years ago. Stop living in the "glory" days... We have done nothing since then to even put any of these Rockets players in the same sentence as the word "champion" unless there is a "not" in there somewhere.

Look, I hate the Mavs and Jazz as much as anyone on here, but as much as we label them as chokers or whatever you want to call them, we haven't done anything since then to dispel that same label on our own team.

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

1st round curse has been broken; injury curse remains.

30million VS 80million?? Really??

Rockets have completed their mission this year. They are my heros

, no matter they win or lose in this series.

5. GMNot

GMNot Member

Sure. Sign me up for a Rocky ending.

I think the Rockets are in negotiations with Tanya Harding as we speak. ;)

6. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

"It ain't over until its over!

Lets go, Rockets!

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Bang!That's exactly what I was thinking when the news broke.

damn I'm pretty sad about Yao lost for the postseason but now we are totally different team without him,maybe we could play small and shoot the lights out if possible.

Height problem ain't gonna affect us if we run and gun 'em. :D

8. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i hope it's over...if we somehow won the series, yao's gone.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's been a good year. Onto the astros I guess.

10. StevieCrossover

How do we outsmart Kobe? and the Lakers?

Well after Yao Ming season ending injury, we lost our centers! and now we lean more towards the edge of elimination. We will now watch as Yao joins Mcgrady on the injury bench, cheer leading.

WELL THE SEASON IS NOT OVER YET!
    We still have a chance to beat the Lakers and it will all start with how we will outsmart Kobe and the rest of the Lakers.

HOW DO WE OUTSMART KOBE TO STOP HIM?
    Right now we have Ron Artest on him and it looks like Kobe has the advantage against Ron. Ron's lateral quickness isn't fast enough and when the pick and roll is set, Kobe fly's at will. Ron is a good one on one defensive player but he doesn't recover from the pick and roll good enough.

With Kobe he can shoot at will, he can shoot over the double team and when a double team comes over it's too late. Kobe is the basketball guru and needs to be stop before we can advance. There's no way we can physically beat him, the only way to do it is outsmart him. Even a guru at anything has some flaws.

Now our only question is how do we outsmart the Lakers?

Our tallest player is 6'9" (Landry) and our center is (6'6") compared with Lamar and Bynum standing at 7' foot with long wing span who are very athletic for their size. Odom has been a big factor which he's come up with many blocks and makes the open 3 pointer.

Scola at power forward hasn't been much of a factor this series. He's been dominated and his inability to play defense against taller opponents has been exposed.

Our defense has slipped a little. We don't play the suffocating defense like we did in round 1 of the playoffs but we also have a different opponent as well. As far as I know right now, Battier and Artest CANNOT stop Kobe.

At the point guard position our newbie point guard has been hesitant and makes poor choices. It may be due with the lack of confidence in his abilities or Fisher and Farmer has played better Defense compared to round 1. We've seen that if Brooks doesn't hit shots then he is a non factor to the game.

As for the backups
    Wafer needs to bring it to the court because that's what he does.... You will not see him make many passes once he gets the ball. It is just attack mode and can easily be predicted. Non factor in being a team player but if he can get hot then we'll have an X factor.

We need to see more scoring punch from the bench, Somebody has to take over the extra scoring load and everybody is capable.

Overall, Rockets need to be smarter or get smarter or get out because they are just too physically good.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Maybe the same way we stopped James Worthy back in 1990?

12. abcmemory

abcmemory Member

Of course, the series is NOT over literally speaking. The Rockets got at least 2 games to play in this series. But you need to take a realistic look on the issue.

This team's best comparison is last year's playoff team. Both are without Yao. The difference in personnel is:
    1.Ron Artest in, Tracy Mcgrady out.
    2.Kyle Lowry in, Rafer Alston out.
    3.Von Wafer and Brent Barry in, Bobby Jackson out.
    4.Scola, Brooks become more experienced;RA got more experience coaching the group.
    conclusion: even.

difference in opponents and situation:
    lakers instead of jazz
    a four game series(lakers got tie-breaker) instead of 7 game series.
    conclusion: tougher

outcome comparison:
    last year vs utah: 2-4
    this year vs la: TBD

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

That team had Mutombo.

Mutombo would give this team a fighting chance. And Yao would have probably not gotten hurt.

14. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

since shut the hell up that's when. notice the quotation marks and the preceding '-animal house'.

that said. lets shock the world for at least 1 more game. yao hasnt been getting the ball very well this series anyway. if we cant beat the lakers at least tire them out and let denver or take em out. this is lebron's or carmelo's year. i've been waiting for a lebron/carmelo finals aside from the obvious houston/ anyone finals.

stop kobe from getting there.

artest it's on you from here on out. sorry the two stars you came to play with went down.

15. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

Scola's Blog:

Game 3
    Well, things did not go as we planned. They were ready to play, and so were we. But they played way better than us. We managed ourselves to win the rebound battle, which was the key to all the series. But it wasn't enough yesterday.
    As everybody of you knows, Yao is out for the season. I wasn't expecting that at all. I felt sorry for him and wish him well. But that's just the way it is. Now everybody else on the team has to be more focus than ever. I don't know about you guys. But I still belive that we can win.
    Talk to you later.

Luis

link

16. ibm

ibm Member

since when an animal house had its place on clutchfan? now shut your hole.

you think only you get frustrated...

17. jianingw

jianingw Member

no more analysis, you would be fooling yourself if you still think we still have a chance

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

We are better against LA without Yao, and tomorrow you will see why.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

animal house has been quoted on this BBS for years.

Im frustrated with you....the only time I notice your posts is because you are being a ass towards someone, you REALLY need to chill.

Let the Crew decide who needs to shut up....and I dont see no Crew title next to your name.

20. JakeVincent

JakeVincent Member

As much as I hate LA and as much as a die-hard Rockets fan I am...

I hate to say this series is over..but it's over. :( Don't blind yourself with optimism, you're just going to feel the effects of it come Tuesday when the Lakers win the series 4-1.

On the bright side, the Astros have won two in a row! :D (if that helps any of you bummed Rockets fans like myself)