1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This might be a solution to our PG Penny Hardaway

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pilipala, Nov 15, 2004.

1. pilipala

pilipala Member

Hey guys, I thought Penny could be our PG while he finishes his bad contract at NY and become a FA. There are some reasons for my opinion
    1 He is a good passer and knows how to pass to a big guy
    2 final exp although swept by us :D
    3 idol of T-mac some chemistry will commence between them?:D
    4 Grant Hill is doing better day after day in Magics although he is heavily injured and has recovered from that for almost 2 years. I think Penny could do better than him if he has his opportunity.
    5 He was doing better in playoff than in season. This is very important to us while our aim is the championship
    6 He won't be 2 expensive. I guess 400--500M per year is enuf. He already got lots of money.

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

He's not coming off the books until two years from now, at which time he'll be 35. I don't think it's going to happen.

3. pilipala

pilipala Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmm when his will finish his contract? I hope NY could buy out his,just like they did to S.Anderson :D :cool:

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

400-500 MILLION a year seems a little high to me...;)

5. pilipala

pilipala Member

LOL not to Alexander ;) we may kick lue and ward off

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Penny
    Hurt-always?

7. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

You are real funny. Hats off to you. Go back to read again. He was laughing at you!

8. SunsRocketsfan

lol... 400-500M per year? damn ... is our whole entire team even worth that much money? i dont think so..

9. pilipala

pilipala Member

i guess it should be 4m
    :confused: :confused:

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Penny has played well with limited minutes. He can't really produce playing bigger mins except on rare occasions. He's not quick enough to guard PG's, which would force TMac onto opposing points and remove our best perimeter defender from guarding their best perimeter player (usually not the PG)

11. PhiSlammaJamma

He is available tho'.

12. Charvo

Charvo Member

Penny is done. Best solution at point guard is for Ward and Lue to start hitting at a consistent clip from beyond the arc. These are wide open shots. These guys are good spot up shooters. I don't think Ward needs to dribble around in order to get a feel for shooting the ball. My guess is Ward and Lue will adjust to the dimensions of the Toyota Center.

13. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I've never gotten this excuse for new players on a team playing bad. Getting used to dimensions? Every court is the same size, every basket is at the same height, the three-point line doesn't move. What gives?

14. Charvo

Charvo Member

The Alamodome was widely known around the NBA as being a horrid place for visitors to come shoot 3 pointers. Conseco Fieldhouse is known as a good arena for shooters. Every shooter has to adjust depth perception to different arenas.

15. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

400 to 500 million is not nearly enough. You couldn't get me to blow my nose for so little. :eek:

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Penny Hardware will not be able to play JVG style of physical defensive game at this stage of his career. We already have liabilities in Mo, Howard, that's enough.

Go back two more years, maybe. But it's still too pricy.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Remember when he was billed as "Magic Johnson with a Jumpshot?"

Toni Kukoc was too.

Magic was awesome.

End stream of consciousness.

18. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

LOL, He and Shaq was supposed to bring Orlando Magic 10 Rings..

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I almost think of T-mac this way. They are both about the same height. Magic was a bit thicker, while T-mac has longer arms. T-mac is a better shooter and finisher than Magic, while Magic gets the edge in vision and creativity. So essentially, T-mac is "A poor-man's Magic with a jumpshot and finishing skills. And isn't acutally poor because he's making a lot more money than Magic ever got."

See. They're exactly the same.... except for all those differences.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's also a rich man's Penny, which is likely to be one of those really old historic rare Pennies made of steel with a buffalo on it or that contain a map to buried treasure written on the back of a microfiche of the declaration of independence.