1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Sugarland Murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Jul 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4043725.html

What a sad story, but if anyone has seen the interviews from the murdered girl's mom...you've got to wonder a bit. I know people react to tragedy in different ways but her reactions have been truly unique. I'l leave it at that as not to exhibit more bad taste if I'm off the mark here.

+

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i saw her on the news last night. definitely out of the ordinary, but i liked it. maybe a bit over the top but the best way to bring justice is to be proactive about instead of mourning the loss (which i'm sure she's done already).

3. Another Brother

Noted. Perhaps my years in police work has me jaded.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Never been in her shoes so I can't comment. If she expresses her grief by celebrating the capture of the killers so be it. Calling it the happiest day of her life was a little weird.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That's sad news.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I had no idea this happened until someone messaged me with a link to her myspace page.

7. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

AB, I am totally with you on this one as I was just saying the same thing to my wife last night. She almost appears to be basking in it a bit.

Because of the sensitivity of the issue, one should tread lightly when voicing opinions on that which they really do not know. With that said, something feels wrong about this whole deal.

There was a similar situation some years back that I really won't get into because of the whole "treading" thing, but something felt wrong after seeing news interviews with those involved and, sure enough, a few days later it came out that it was indeed as wrong as it felt.

I do hope that is not the case here as I do not know how I would react if I were in the same situation.

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Wonder what? If she is in on it?

9. Another Brother

Exactly. Hopefully I'm wrong and this thread fades away, but there is something different about this one.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If you're getting something from that Chron report, I'm not feeling it. You have two guys who are looking very guilty. If there was a collaboration with the mother, I'm sure they'd testify against her, especially with all the trash she's been talking.

Lesson to everyone: if you've murdered someone and you're trying to get out of the country, don't go and present your ID at a border crossing. You're going to have to cross the desert like the illegals do. And, even like that you may well get caught.

11. rocketsinsider

But why escape to Canada? Mexico is alot closer and I am pretty sure the Canadians have a better police force then the Mexicans.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Canada is a lot cooler this time of year and the banditos are much more polite.

13. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

This is strictly from TV news reports/interviews. Her demeanor and some of her quotes were just off the wall.

14. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Dude, I went to Clements and many of my little cousins still go there..freaky..

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

When we crossed the border last week, both to and from Mexico, we didn't have to show any ID at all.

16. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

My wife and I were pissed when we saw that interview last night.

If they just found my daugther 2 days ago in a field..NOTHING would cause me to yell "Yahoo!" and smile like I just won the freaking lottery.

People grieve in different ways, but that was coo coo and it angered me.

I almost called FOX26 and asked for them to not show her again...it was disturbing.

17. Another Brother

Even in the interview before they caught the guys she said something like, "I told the Sheriff to let me have them, there's nothing worse than a Mother's wrath."

Hopefully the Mother's wrath began after the murder and not before.

18. macalu

i don't think she was showing "excitement" b/c they found her daughter in a field. she was referencing the two suspects who were caught, unless i misinterpreted something.

19. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

You're right..she was celebrating the fact that they caught the suspected murderers.

But again, I can't believe how celebratory she can act. I'd be still broken up to the point that I would probably not even want to be interviewed.
    I mean...it's not like a year went by. Her daugther was found DEAD 2 days ago. That's 48 freaking hours!!!!!

20. macalu

sometimes you're just soooo mad that it overrides every other emotion.