1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

B-Bob likes this.
  2. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

At some point, we're going to have to define what treason is. I know she struck a deal but she should be completely disbarred for what she did and supported.

FrontRunner and deb4rockets like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking that same exact thing.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

When you lose fox news....

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

As we have always known, the republican party has devolved into the criminal party...

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

It will be interesting to see what polling looks like next week but I'm not expecting any major change either way.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I was just thinking that if I was planning the DNC I would hold the most bare bones convention I could. I get the feeling that the RNC is going to be crazy and Trump's acceptance speech is going to an over the top dystopian full of rage and grief it will make the point he's unfit for office more than anything Biden could say.

Rashmon and deb4rockets like this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've been thinking that for 8 years now.

Every month he seems to deteriorate further and says crazier things, while crazier news comes out about him. I keep thinking there has to be a tipping point....somewhere, that makes them think this probably isn't the best guy to back. It never happens, it never will, they've thrown their lot in body and soul, nothing will change that. As a guy very much surrounded by MAGA, they will just write it off as "he's maybe not perfect, but he's fighting the important battles to save this country from the liberals"

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah there are supporters who very well wouldn’t change their minds about Trump
    Even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue. I do believe though that a lot of those who support Trump because inflation is high haven’t been paying as much attention to how uniquely bad he is. I think a lot of people just don’t think as much about how insane Jan. 6 was. I think the best person to remind them of that is Trump himself.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ew, no thanks, MTG... I do not want to pull your curtain back.

#12091 B-Bob, May 30, 2024
    Last edited: May 30, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

See the trend? Criminals choosing to associate or hire other criminals. Trump surrounds himself with shady people. It's no wonder he pardoned some of his criminal friends, family, and associates prior to the coup. I'll set you free, now you work for me. He needed those criminals to assist him in spreading the Big Lie and plotting ways to spread a ton of misinformation, lies, and doubt to Americans about the results, while planning a coup. Then, he could incite his supporters into carrying out his wishes.

15. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Make America Germany Around (1936)

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

btw, some believe that Hogan winning the senate seat would swing the senate to republicans. And then maga does this...

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

wheels must have thought he had a chance at the vp position...

Just a reminder, a NY AG brought the charges, which were then sent to a grand jury which determined there was probably cause on felony charges, then a 12 person citizen jury listened to the arguments from both sides and convicted trump on all 34 felony charges. And now a NY state judge will rule on punishment.

No president. No DOJ. You'd think a sitting state governor would not only know all this but would approve of a state doing this.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

I tend to agree and I hope you're right.

His base is beyond hope. The fringe between the parties will be critical along with core Dem voters.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

As some posters have reminded us Trump ran on locking Hillary Clinton up. Now they are complaining about going after political enemies.

Rules for thee but not for me.