1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

They've THIS close to getting Hunter!

mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

I usually can count on mtg for at least one humiliating statement... but today was a daily double...

mdrowe00, ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

It is a lucky day... a humiliation hat trick from mtg... btw, it was January 6, 2021. Can someone help her with the math?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Yeesh... maga congressman crane says to mtg... "hold my beer"

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Then maga congressman clay higgins joins the chat...

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Member

Ghost Bus-tas

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

At least the Democrats show up for work...

Rashmon and No Worries like this.
  8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

#9948 ROCKSS, Nov 15, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Yet the gop has no shame so nothing will come of this................it's sad and infuriating at the same time. There is literally NOTHING the gop can do to turn away their voters..............traitor, your good.......steal and share classified docs, your good.......lie about J6 a week after you told the truth about what really happened, your fine........have fake electors, no really its OK.........pressure government employees to steal votes, no big deal. All this just from the king of the cult (and literally only a handful of what he`s done), so you think a little thing like not actually working, will bother these folks or change anyone`s mind................NOPE.

Reeko likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Oh my gosh...

No Worries likes this.
  12. leroy

leroy Member

This is honestly amazing.

mdrowe00, Andre0087, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Guess I was wrong.

14. No Worries

No Worries Member

Speaker Mike Johnson is flying a Christian nationalist flag outside his office

Newly elected Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Mike Johnson (R-LA), recently started flying a Christian nationalist flag outside his office.

Known as the Pine Tree Flag, Appeal to Heaven Flag, or the Washington Cruiser Flag, it has been around since the Revolutionary War. It features a green pine tree on a white background with the words "APPEAL TO HEAVEN."

In recent years, it has been adopted by a fundamentalist sect called the New Apostolic Reformation, or NAR. As reported in The New Republic, "A central tenet of NAR's belief system is that it is God's will for Christians to take control of all aspects of U.S. society—including education, arts and entertainment, the media, and businesses—to create a religious nation."

15. No Worries

No Worries Member

Jews not looking past the Rs playing footsie with the White Nationalists ...

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

That connection to NAR via a revolutionary flag sounds pretty tenuous. But, I regard with suspicion everybody who present these alt-flags, like the Gadsden Flag. Fake patriots can get pretty obnoxious with their overuse of the official American flag too, but normal people also fly the American flag. And maybe some of these guys just got bored with seeing the plain old stars-and-stripes so much, and they read an historical novel and learned a juicy tidbit about the Revolution that they're just dying to share. But it seems more likely to me that they are drawn to such flags as subversion. They want to say they love America, but that they hate what America has become. I love what America is now and not some alternative history version of it, so I keep my distance from the alt-flag folks.

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

19. Buck Turgidson

He's a loon, and I don't like him at all, but he's 100% correct here.

**full disclosure: he is my representative**