1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rockets have the hardest schedule in the league up to this point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We are 3-6, but we have also had the hardest schedule in the NBA. Our opponents have 55% winning percentage.If you take the teams with 5 hardest schedules they are 23-25.

Rockets 3-6
    Clippers 7-4
    Memphis 4-6
    Dallas 5-4
    Miami 4-5

Its a little disappointing record, but I think they can turn it around when the schedule gets a little easier.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's only because we're the worst.

Ramo$e, WestendMassive and RKREBORN like this.
  3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Tilman’s HR director would like to invite you for an interview.

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

What you're saying makes sense, but the truth of the matter is that it seems like James Harden wants out and regardless of what the schedule will be going forward I don't know if it'll make a difference.

This may be a season like 15-16...or it may inexplicably turn around and be a season for the ages. God knows, but I sure as hell don't.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Same thing Texans fans said after 4 games.
    “Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers, Vikings?! Come on!”

So they hypothetically get an easier schedule to start and .... fools gold? Trick you into thinking they’re good?

Yeah, these are the same teams you’re gonna have to beat in the playoffs (if you even make it).

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

this team is not good enough...we all know it

hard schedule, easy schedule...it doesn’t matter, these facts will remain: the team can not shoot, the team can not defend, the team can not secure a defensive rebound, the team has the worst wing rotation in the league, and the team has bigs that can’t defend

easier schedule and Harden dropping 35 a night will only mask these issues to a certain extent

Salvy likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no real bad team in the West, the Rox are just a headless bunch.

Once Morant comes back, Memphis is going to rise.

OKC looking like they'll win 45% of their games.

Some playoff teams are struggling though.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This. Im not sure why this thread was created.

"guys, i know we are losers, but we are not that big of losers. We have the hardest schedule!"

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I still have the Rockets 10-8. Of course they need to go 7-2 in completing the first 18 games.

Just hope losing to the Lakers haven’t completely demoralized them. Lakers are a though matchup for the Rockets.
    Their abundance of size (6’8-ish) with mobility outmatches our abundance of lack of size (6’4-ish) and mobility.

Others teams aren’t as big and mobile as the Lakers, through and through.

Spurs......4-6 (W)
    Spurs......5-6 (W)
    Bulls.......6-6 (W)
    Suns.......6-7 (L)
    Piston.....7-7 (W)
    Mavs.......7-8 (L)
    Wiz.........8-8 (W)
    Blazers...9-8 (W)
    Pels........10-8 (W)

#10 ApacheWarrior, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Code:
    RK   TEAM   RPI   W   L   PCT   SOS   PWR   PF   PA   EWL   EWP
    1    Houston    .493    3    6    .333    .547    0    1002    1019    4-5    .431
    2    LA    .563    7    4    .636    .539    0    1230    1219    6-5    .537
         Memphis    .504    4    6    .400    .539    0    1054    1080    4-6    .401
    4    Dallas    .535    5    4    .556    .528    0    990    951    6-3    .660
    5    Miami    .506    4    5    .444    .527    0    1002    1014    4-5    .451

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Salvy likes this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Even with the 2018 team that would be an optimistic outcome. Outside of Harden carrying the team, this team is garbage.

This team went into a death spiral the moment they paid the super max to an aging allstar. Then traded him (1 for 1) and the future for a click bait superstar chunker and then traded him for (1 for 1) ... Wall.

Don't get me wrong. The 2017 team that consisted of Alexander, Morey, Harden and CP3 was one of the top 3 teams in the league. And would have stayed that way if Alexander didn't sell his soul to see 3 years in the future and choose to sell at an all time high. This organization is fked.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ballgame

ballgame Member

This is sounding like the same excuse we said for The Texans......they had a TOUGH SCHEDULE at the start of the yr!!

Is Jack Easterby involved in the Rocket's organization too??

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets are not a good NBA basketball team. Too small to compete with the big boys.

Nook likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sweet Summer Child!

OP you make my eyes water up in envy of that fanaticism.

Its romantic to think they could fight back, but in all honesty this team should be thinking about tanking and retaining their draft pick this year and starting to rebuild from the ground up. This coming draft is supposed to be pretty good.

Salvy likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Still Swag Champs thou...

18. Nook

Nook Member

Come on...... you and I both know this Rockets team isn't making the playoffs with or without Harden.

James Harden is playing, but he doesn't want to be a Rocket.

The Rockets second best player is John Wall and he is only a solid NBA role playing starter at this point.

Christian Wood is terrible, all he cares about is scoring 20 points.

Coach Silas is a wonderful person but he is completely over his head.

The GM has made a simple appearance since getting the job and has been hiding in Hitler's bunker ever since.

Someone with BALLS needs to step up in the organization and say "This sucks, reality is we ARE rebuilding" and come up with a plan...... the problem is I don't think anyone will do that........ Tilman sucks, but I remember him last year saying "When the time comes my GM is going have to sell me on completely rebuilding, make me believe it"......... is that going to happen or is Brown and Stone going to try to claim the Rockets are BETTER without Harden? ............

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

How do you like the trade Space Ghost?

Personally, I think it’s a steaming hot pile of buffalo dung in winter time.

Confirms to me that P Tilman is putting this team together. Wall with Oladipo with EG/Nwaba/Sterling Brown? Oh my