1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The real reason why the Texans started sucking

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Trindon holliday

While he was here we were undefeated. When he was with the broncos they were undefeated. Obliviously he is the reason why we were undefeated and now the broncos are undefeated.

Thanks coach kubes.

2. Relentless

Relentless Member

Ah yes, the infamous fail threads brought to you by Air Langhi. He strikes again.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Have a sense of humor loser.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think it is that dude's DVR failing

Rocket River

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

Pretty sure it's Cole Aldrich's fault

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

Thought this was going to be about letter jackets.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Holliday having a good year, Jacoby in the pro bowl. Marciano is the absolute worst.

8. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Tracy McGrady usually takes the blame. Let's blame him.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

T-Mac is a better passer than Schaub

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not any more... not any more.... DVR is ready; Texans will be ready...

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Nor have we won a super bowl since Joe Marciano has held the ST coaching spot!

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Matt Shcaub and Cole Aldrich are the worst. I mean the worst.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

geezus.....

does kubiak have his own ST coach? marciano been here far too long

14. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

This. Joe has got to go once this season is over, short of his special teams winning us the Super Bowl.

As bad as Schaub's decisions and Kubiak/Dennison's play calling have been, we have had a lot of drives start with poor field positioning which also hampers the offense.

15. val_modus

val_modus Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oleKfixy-7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No. The real reason why they started to play bad is because of the bone head offensive coordinator. The play calls are awful, the offense looks lost, like they don't know what to do. I blame it on the idiot offensive coordinator. Yeah, Kubiak is to blame too and Schaub as as well. But there is an offensive coordinator for a reason.

17. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I get your joke about Holiday and I read that article today too, but in all seriousness the Texans started losing because the offense has not gotten them the early lead lately.

If you look at their games this season they win when they are ahead early on. Reason for this is defensive aggressiveness and a lucid offense. There were only two games I can think of we won this season when we did not have the early lead, Jacksonville and Detroit. We should have lost to Jacksonville we all know Foresett was down. So only one game does not hold true to my hypothesis.

When Wade gets the advantage of an early lead he dials up more blitz packages and takes more chances. When playing from behind his play calls are more conservative as to not put our team deeper in the hole. Our Defensive is more efficient when they are aggressive.

Our offense is better with the lead too. We play more loose and with more confidence. Plain and simple Matt Schaub does not handle stress well. He will choke, but when he is comfortable he is a very good quarterback.

Bottom line it all comes down to the tempo we set at the beginning of the game. We need to enforce our will and not allow the competition to enforce theirs. Kubiak needs to be far more aggressive in the beginning of games for us to be consistently successful.

But don't take my word for it, go look at the game scores yourselves. I am just fan voicing his perspective.

GO TEXANS