1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Proletariat War: Sign up/Discussion

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Heath, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Heath

Heath Member

I've had CM4 for a few days, but as my computer is a bit old it does not run so good. But in a few days that will all change.

And when it does we are leaving the old CM league behind (we have already played the last official season, now the old league is just in bonus mode for the teams that qualified for European Cup play until we get the new league up) and starting up our new league using CM4.

Puedlfor came up with the idea to the league and I guess he can explain the idea and all about what teams that are valid to manage.

I can run the game good enough to check out leagues and teams until my new computer arrives next week, so any one wanting to manage a team could voice their request here and I could put up information at the site.

With leagues having different start-up times players will be added to the league as their league start the next season. We will start up with in spring 2003 (Feb), so leagues having a autumn start will get going for the 2003/04 season. The ones starting up in those leagues will be added after the 2002/03 season is finished in the game (June 2003).

So far we have a couple teams up at the site:

Zenith St. Petersburg, Russia (Puedlfor)
    Standard de Liège, Belgium (Heath)*
    Neuchâtel Xamax, Switzerland (Zac D)*
    Sigma Olomouc, Czech Republic (DVauthrin)*
    Brann, Norway (The Cat)

*) League will be in 2002/03 season when we start our league, and due to rules about what teams are available, these teams can not be confirmed before that season is over. If you pick a team in a league with an autumn start you have to be aware of that you may need to pick another team later, so a backup team of two could be recommended.

If you are interested in joining, voice it here, and if there are any questions not explained in this thread just ask them here or in chat and we will see to getting things better explained.

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

European football is ruled by the rich. Those with money win, and those without hope to catch lightning in a bottle, before being torn to shreds by the game's economic riptides.

We hope to change all that. We're going to turn the entire power structure of Continental football on it's ear, starting from the bottom and working our way up.

One of the dirty realities of European football is that this Have/Have Nots relationship exists at every level. Even in the smaller countries it exists, as the clubs that exist in the major metropolitan areas of these countries have substantial advantages over their less urban brethren. We are going to change it.

We will change all this by taking lower-level to medicore teams in these smaller countries and dethroning the traditional powers, then moving on, and dethroning the major clubs who cast long shadows across Europe.

You cannot take a club in any of the five highest rated countries in Europe : England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain.

You cannot take a club that is currently in European competition, this does not include the Inter-Toto cup, but DOES include qualifying.

You cannot take a club that has grabbed a league title in the past five years.

3. Heath

Heath Member

If you are interested in joining but don't know enough to pick a team, no need to worry. We will provide the info needed to find a team to pick.

So the steps to joining is:

1) Be interested - Give feedback here

2) Decide which league you want to be in - having more than one option is also good, as long as we can narrow it down in the end. Also there is no rule about not being in the same league as the others. It just happen to be that so far we have spread our wings in each our league.

3) Figure out what teams are available in that league and which of them you want to manage.

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm in I should have the game today or Monday. I'll choose a team then(damn no Carlisle).

CK

5. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Hey, I've just bought the game today but when I wanted to play it for some reasons, the actual game screen was too big for my monitor, anyone knows how to fix it? Also, when I ignored the screen thing, it took me very long to run the game data my computer was suddenly down. I don't know why. Maybe my computer is too old.

Anyway, I am now downloading the patch to intend to fix the problem. Have you guys/gals download the patch yet? Would it be help or would it slow down the game?

And I am interested to join your game although I don't quite understand why you talked about. :) What about playing the English Premiership League? Leeds United are my favourite team despite their current result and financial troubles. I want to help them fix it by my genius managment. :D

I wouldn't mind taking a mediocre team in one of those minor leagues either. Those England First/Second Division teams are all interesting.

6. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Sorry. Okay I think I've understood your game rules. But I think I have to fix my game problem first and check in some information before determining which league and team I want to be in okay?

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

We probably won't be starting up for a couple of days. The slow down problems could be due to your Comp. speed. If you try to run too many background leagues it uses a lot of resources. You may want to scale down the number of leagues you are using and see if that helps.

8. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Do you use the patch or not? There are new features/functions in the patch.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I won't have the game until later today or Monday. Still waiting for slow post.

10. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

If you get the game, download the patch on the official site (http://www.sigames.com/downloads_view.php?id=310). Better to get everyone on the same page with the updated features. And I read that the patch would erase a lot of bugs and make the game a bit faster.

11. IVFL

IVFL Member

Change your screen resolution to a smaller font like, 1200X8000 or whatever, I had the same problem with COllege Basketball, and this cleared it up for me.

12. Heath

Heath Member

Yes, I have downloaded the patch or Enhancement Pack 1 (EP1) as they call it. EP2 is announced was announced to be out in 7-10 days and we will probably not get started for real anyway before that is released. EP3 will follow late april/early may and if that is compatible with savegames we should be able to use that one too.

About the speed of the game - if you are experiencing problems you could try to uncheck 'Full Detail' when you start up your game, and select fewer leagues. Also do not change the database size to max if you have any problems with speed, the database in CM4 is way bigger than the previous version, and you need a pretty fast setup to take advantage of it. My current PC is below the minimum requirements stated at the box to even run the game, so I was happy just to get it up an running to check different leagues and stuff. I had to select only 1 or 2 divisions and preferably at less detail to do that. My new computer is in the mail and I think it should arrive Tuesday, then I can start testing for real.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

sounds interesting.

do you have to have the game to play or is it kinda like the fbb where you can run it off the bbs/chat.

if its the latter I could give it a try and see if it holds my interest.

14. Heath

Heath Member

You do not have to have the game, but it does help. CM4 is currently missing one important feature that would help this league. Being able to print out stats in .txt-files. The development team has said it will be added in the future, but no promise as to when.

Until we have the print to file option, the only way to relay stats is to take screenshots, and this is what we will do. I'm not sure what I will do without the print to file option, but our CM01-02 league was an offline league, and so will the CM4 league be, so you should give it a try. We will take it slow in the beginning so we can work out how to do this the best.

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'd be interested.

Is there anyway I can be PSV Eindhoven from the Dutch leagee?

16. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I pick NAC Breda of Holland.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I would like to take Hibernian(Scotland) as long as they are considered qualified. I know they have not won the league in the past 5 years.
    I still do not have the game. Hopefully I'll have it today.

CK

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Heatho or Puede, pick out a team for me plz. I don't even know where the site with the updated info is. :)

Don't particularly care what team I get, it'll all be new to me anyway. So just put me where you need a manager, or just any qualifying team.

19. Heath

Heath Member

Hey CK - do you want to be in a league of your own - or do you want to be in a league that already has a human manager.

Oh - and here....

http://home.trollnet.no/havard/cmleague/jpg/jpg.html

just pick the CM4 part of that page :) - but I'm afraid that this wont help you pick a team so I can still do it for you - it just is what I have sent up of teams already...

also - that link will change when we start the league... it is just added screens to the running CM01-02 league

20. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

probly prefer one that already has a human manager.