1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Next Ten Years Of NBA Champs.....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NVDem Rockets, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

In the last 30 years, only 9 teams have won the championship. It's nothing new.

2. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

well from 1991-2003 only four teams won the trophy. The Bulls, Rockets, Spurs, and Lakers.

3. primtim24

primtim24 Member

yeah that's why I said 2012.....1991-2003 every one of those teams you mentioned was a repeat champion at least once. I think LA is good, obivously Miami is too...but we're only a Chris Paul to NY trade away from having 4 super teams.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Stick to WNBA, if Mavs or Celts get another OKC surely will have 1

5. NVDem Rockets

NVDem Rockets Member

I'm sorry but I never said I hated the rockets, so stop putting words in my mouth. I'm unhappy with the way the NBA is allowing these players and teams to band together an create these super teams. It's unfair to every other NBA team that can't get these superstars to sign with them, including the rockets.

6. jvu

jvu Member

Season avg
    Lin 32 ppg 10 reb 12 Assist 2blk 4stl

We win

7. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Heat
    OKC
    PHI
    Heat
    LAC
    BKN
    BOS
    HOU
    LAL
    NOLA

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Heat
    Lakers
    Lakers (Kobe and Nash retire)
    OKC
    Heat
    OKC
    Bulls
    Lakers(after they bring in a big FA)
    Heat (Wade retires after)
    OKC (over the Knicks who go on a big run over the injured Derrick Rose and aging Lebron)

9. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

NBA is mostly favored for the big cities/popular cities with scenary and population. LA, NY, MIAMI, Chicago has all of that. Smaller cities and teams dont even stand a chance. It has always been like that

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Spurs.

11. Sirton

Sirton Member

The problem is that Houston is becoming a lesser city for basketball... Having injuries too Yao and Mcgrady about the same time decimated our franchise. And lost our Star player presence that would of lead to other all stars potentially adding to the roster. Also loosing a players coach doesn't help either.

Houston use to be one of the top destinations, and that no longer applies. Looks like sucking for a few years and drafting will have to be the option now. Atleast its a direction.

12. 713

713 Member

Last time I check, the rockets are still in the NBA...

13. Almu

Almu Member

People crack me up with the big market BS...

NYC sucked for 15 years. Still do. LA sucked for 4 years with Kobe (he wanted out) and sucked for 4 years after Magic.

And MIAMI? Really? Not only is Houston a BIGGER MARKET than Miami but if you look at rankings as best sports cities, there are TWO worse than Houston...ONE IS MIAMI!

The problem ALWAYS comes down to Management. PERIOD. OKC big market? How bout them Spurs? Biggie? What about Sacramento when they had Webber? Biggie too? What about Newark when they had Kidd?

AT LEAST HAVE A COMPETENT MANAGEMENT TEAM TO GET ME TO THE WC FREAKIN FINALS!

We got Boy Genius who is more into Marketing.

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I sincerely believe in the next 10 years the Rockets will win a championship (none in the next 5 years of course).

15. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Member

Rockets gonna squeeze out a championship banner the 2016-17 year... watch...

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

You're right, you are not hating....you're crying.

I wish you you guys would quit casting aspersions on other teams for their successes and using convoluted logic to blame the league.

L.A. and Miami play in the same league as the Rockets. Under the same rules and guidelines.
    The same league where the Rockets won championships...where the Spurs won championships.
    The difference is their front offices are getting it done at the moment and we aren't.
    Instead of being mad at them lets try getting in the game.
    Here's a hint: we can start by holding our GM to a higher standard.