1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA fined Golden State's Steph Curry $5,000 for flopping in Game 1 of the Western Conference Fin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, May 20, 2015.

1. ibm

ibm Member

this decision by the league surprises me a little.

maybe sth. is up behind the curtains?

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Moraly outraged?? HahahahHHhHh

3. Man

Man Member

You can't use "morally outraged" and then have as your rationale that someone else flops more. "Morally", the flopping is still an offense and still "morally" unacceptable, and trying to excuse the behavior by saying someone else does it more is also "morally" reprehensible.

1 person likes this.
  4. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Awww, the poor Curry Cat. He fall down go BOOM! :)

5. Omer

Omer Member

He does a similar move on half of his shots after releasing the ball. It doesn't affect the shot it just looks like a foul. Very Dirk like in the shot flop.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

wut.....

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

man is it me, or does it seem like since kerr became the warriors head coach... that whole organization whines a LOT.. i mean jez from the so called diss with nick johnson shaking curry's hand, to star players saying they believed harden was the MVP, to complaining about green not winning dpoty, and kerr not winning coty... now they are bringing up the clippers jamal crawford over a freaking $5,000 fine... just stfu and man up

i actually miss marc jackson coaching this team, yea i didnt like the guy too much.. but he rarely complained or whined when his teamed got beat, he admitted he didnt want us to get the 3-point record againist his team and too a man i can respect that. Kerr seems like that shady dude that smiles in your face, but behind your back talks mad ****

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

oooo was this true?

9. Man

Man Member

If you're going to go all "morally outraged" on the flop, the whole premise of "moral" is right behavior. He essentially acknowledges it's a flop but says someone else does it more, that's why he's "morally outraged". It doesn't make sense. "Morally", your guy flops and you're acknowledging it.

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

LOL... Curry supposedly is upset because the league didn't call him first. Can you believe that guy's ego?

12. ibm

ibm Member

kerr should just shut up.

i've always like him, as a player, analyst and as a coach. he has massive championship experience, and every time i see him on tv, he appears to be very humble and intelligent.

but this "morally outraged" stuff just surprises me. and after game 1, now i've lost a bit of respect for him and his team.

i understand coaches have to say what they have to say, just to show their support to the players. but why not keep it within the team? kerr didnt have to say this bs in public.

13. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

this team gets upset over handshakes, and a measily $5,000 fine... their babies

14. TheresTheDagger

The sad thing is, I thought they fined him for the flop they called on the Jason Terry foul.

I had forgotten about this other one.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

16. Mr Chuck Norris

Chef curry with the flop boy

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Exact same thought here. I guess after watching enough of the game they figured, man, we can't keep overlooking these. Let's just hit him for $5k and call it good.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I wasn't even looking for the foul; I was just reacting to the contact.&quot;
    Steph Curry responds to flopping fine. <a href="http://t.co/nOlHJ1GuS9">http://t.co/nOlHJ1GuS9</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/601187703368089600">May 21, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly. . . . until they deduct points. . .it is meaningless

Rocket River

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Worse than the Clippers it seems

Rocket River