1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Almost as boring as Jalen Green on the basketball court. But just, not, quite, enough.

Franchise altering player yo!!

I'd be upset too like some of you at the negative comments about him, if I was so delusional to still believe he was any good.

ilovehtownbb and hakeem94 like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I approve of the new tactic, you guys finally got tied of embarrassing yourselves making ludicrous excuses for a player that is currently one of the worst in the NBA.

You guys not even attempting to dispute what is said about him is a step in the right direction.

It'll make it easier for you guys to pretend you were never mindless simps if he never improves.

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

This thread degenerates into JG-skeptics being boring and JG-cultists being infantile…

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This thread has too many dumbass haters sprouting nonsense. If u have a hard on for Mobley go over to a thread made just for u

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We have a hard on for the Rockets and think that number 2 picks should be better than a 4 year project.

DD

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Does anyone have his 1st step measurements?

i3artow i3aller and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey would have it if he was still here.

i3artow i3aller and D-rock like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Has there ever been a number 1-3 pick that was consistent and or a superstar from day 1? I just don't get these extremely absurd and high expectations for a kid just because he was selected 2. Every single player selected in the draft in one way or another is roughly a 3-4 year project. Even the ones that are playing the best now....

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Could it be people aren't seeing how good Green is because he is Filipino?

NewAge and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

#1 and #2 picks this century who finish outside of top 3 in ROY voting are major disappointments or busts. The good ones you know from Year One: Yao, Bron, KD, AD, Ja, Rose, Blake etc...

Reason is opportunity: they get the shots, minutes, limelight to shine early and show their stuff compared to their dtaft-mates. If they don't have it in Year One, it's a really bad sign. All late bloomers are later picks who need to wait for their opportunity.

The ONLY exception kinda proves the point: Lamarcus Aldridge was stuck behind prime ZBo and several other bigs (LaFrentz, Magloire, Przibilla) with a an old-school coach, and another high-profile rookie (Roy) sucking the oxygen.
    That's the only late bloomer I could find this century. Word is still out on Ingraam and D-Lo, however...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How about #1 and #2 picks who are dead last in the NBA according to multiple metrics halfway through the season?

I'm told those should be running the entire offense, should play the most minutes, have the highest usage, and should be taking all the shots.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Pick order is irrelevant though. Green can either really improve or not, the fact that he was picked 2 does not impact whether that will happen or not.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hakeem, Ralph, Lebron, Bird, Magic, KD - modern times.....Ja? Would have to look but guys that are picked at the top are not supposed to be 3 years or more away, those are the 10-15 picks...like Booker. It looks like we reached.

DD

#3476 DaDakota, Feb 6, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    CXbby, Downtown Sniper and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unnecessary man.

18. Downtown Sniper

Jalen knows just how bad his shooting numbers are. So he doesn't want to be forced to chuck up a shot at the end of the shot clock.... so he passes to his C with 1.2 seconds left on the clock to fling a 3 pointer.

Very, very low IQ play by Jalen.

JOFs: High IQ play there by Jalen.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Those are some crazy names, all time greats.... This draft class was absurdly deep, Green in any of the past few drafts would likely be top 3 for ROY... Not to mention how incredibly awful and stupid our coaching is. If anyone thinks that our system is not holding Green back then I don't know what to say. Green could easily be the ROY under the right system. Ours is potentially one of the worst.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lighten up man, it was a reference to Daryl Morey..... Was it unnecessary when he said it?