1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The "In", "Hip" club thing and you

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, May 24, 2002.

1. The Voice of Reason

Hello campers.

I have often had acces to all the "hampton" hot spots. this memorial day weekend is no so much different. I am all on a list and VIP like if I so choose to be for tomorrow. the seasons opener at concious point (the place that that gruberman chick drove her rover into a crowd while hanging with her celebrity fiends) The place is gonna be packed, and I usually dont go to these functions. however my Cuz is trying to drag me. Now I know the hottest women on the planet will be there, and sure there is "action" to be had, but i am like SOOO tired. i hardly feel the energy to flirt with normal chicks let alone models. and be in one of those "got to be seen" environments.

so I get in free, and Im all sorts of VIP with a free bottle and everything. (my Cuz is close friends with the promoters)should I go and meet my destiny so I can tell more stories to my grand kids, or just go to a few "local" bars and have a decent un assuming time.

this is the basic question

high effort high energy high reward
    vs
    doing the easy thing getting the easy fun and the lower reward

thoughts?

2. B

B Contributing Member

Dude,

Go for the high reward. How often do you get a chance like that? Don't cope out and go for the easy thing, when you can do that whenever you want. Even if nothing comes up of it, you can just do the easy thing next weekend. This seems pretty simple to me, low energy level or not.

B

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Your post reminded me of this classic.......

<center>
    <b>
    The "In" Crowd
    </b>
    </center>
    <i>
    I´m in with the "In" crowd
    I go where the "In" crowd goes
    And I know what the "In" crowd knows (How to have fun!)
    Any time of the year, don´t you hear? (How to have fun!)
    Dressin´ fine, makin´ time
    We breeze up and down the street
    We get respect from people we meet
    They make way day or night
    They know the "In" crowd is out of sight
    I know ev´ry latest dance
    When you´re in with "In" crowd
    It´s easy to find romance (And we work out!)
    At a spot where the beat´s really hot (And we work out!)
    If it´s square we ain´t there
    We make ev´ry minute count
    Our share is always the biggest amount
    Other guys imitate us
    But the original's still the greatest
    We got our own way of walkin'
    We got our way of talkin´ (Gotta have fun!)
    Any time of the year, don´t you hear (Gotta have fun!)
    Spendin´ cash, talkin´ trash
    Girl, I´ll show you a real good time
    Come on with me and leave your troubles behind
    I don´t care where you´ve been
    You ain´t been nowhere till you been in with "In" crowd
    </i>

Mango

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Go so you can meet your destiny and have more stories to tell us. :D

Honestly, I hate that type of thing. If you feel like going, go. If you don't, don't.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

don't forget to bring us pictures...

and be on the lookout for those Hilton Sisters...

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Strangely enough, I thought of Dobie Gray as well.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

go immediately, and save me a spot too

8. Buck Turgidson

9. The Voice of Reason

I am even more tired now

grrr

I better get a red bull in me or something

oh and the Hilton ho's will deffinately be there. they always seem to be there.

by the way if you are a stalker, I am actually sitting in a building in Bridgehampton on butter lane. No more than 1,000 feet well maybe 1,500 from their house. Well their family house, but its where they stay when they are out here.

any hoo my normal bars are nothing to sneeze at, its not like im koping out.

hmm we will see and i may even report back.

10. JAG

JAG Member

For what it's worth, go where your real friends are...Models are nothing special..I was a model for 3 years, and as such around female models all the time, and the only thing they have in common is that they're tall, thin, and young, and drink water like crazy. Aside from that, the women I was around when I was modeling were no more fun than women anywhere, except there was a little more drug use, and sex. But, seriously, a lot of the sterotypes don't apply..they are no more stupid/sexy/etc. than women of the same character anywhere...The whole scene IS very superficial, though, kind of like " Oh, darling, we're having a little do, and you simply MUST attend"..and not even noticing if you don't...very fake...and words like "fabulous" and " exciting" fly fast and furious...So, if that's your scene, cool, but I'd have more fun with people I really like.

11. The Voice of Reason

Jag,

unfortunately that kind of scene is impossible to excape out here. even at the bars i hang at there are models and directors and promoters Bla Bla Bla. The hamptons are very foo foo, very fake and well exceedingly pretentious. and yeah I used to date a model. she was pretty cool because she had to have personality. she mostly did underwear for things like sears. and had curves. I dated her at school, so i rarely met her model friends, but they were typical of what populates my town during summer.

Well I did end up going. left the house at 10PM returned home around 8AM. Not a bad night. there were just tons of hotties.and all of the typical hampton starlet club whores were there. Liquor flowed, Coke dissapeared and clothes came off. my only problem with the club was that it was too packed to dance untill very late, and then only in the VIP room. That was a fun way to end the night though. and I will never understand why more men dont dance. I love to dance i am good at it, and I am usually one of 3 guys up there with 12 or more women. I was deffinately freakishly tired, and being the only person that wasnt stoned or high, I was just thankfull I was wasted.

After hours perty till 7 was kinda cool. them women were mostly gone by 5:30 and there was entirely too much drugs. there were 2 fun russian chicks there that did well to entertain me. all in all I had a good time. I only spent $120 so I feel lucky and I have tonight and tomorrow for my usual haunts. woo hoo. good band tonight.

was it worth not getting to sleep till 8?? well probably not. do i have any stories out of it for my grandkids? sure, but Since I have never asked my grandpa about his sex life I doubt my future imaginary grandkids would either.

PEACE

#11 The Voice of Reason, May 25, 2002
    Last edited: May 25, 2002
  12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Did you say HI to Prickly Pete?