1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Highway Robbery Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Medicine N Music, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in this $50 a person, 14-Team Yahoo league, where we have QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, and DEF. The people that I play with watch a LOT of football on Sundays, so they're pretty knowledgable. The second thing I want to point out is the since QBs are so rare, they are basically valued the same as RBs, if not more in some instances. Even a bad starting QB is probably worth a 6th or 7th round pick. Anyway, I made two trades that I thought were pretty lopsided in my favor.

First Trade:
    My team gives up: Ochocinco and Julius Jones (after his first monster game)
    My team receives: Greg Jennis and Willis McGahee

Second Trade:
    My team gives up: Kerry Collins and Willis McGahee
    My team receives: Steve Smith (Carolina) and Reggie Bush
    He really needed a starting QB, since he had only 1.

So basically I turned Ochocino, Julius Jones, and Kerry Collins into Greg Jennings, Steve Smith (Carolina), and Reggie Bush.

My team after the draft:

QB, QB: Kurt Warner, Matt Schaub
    RB, RB: Jones-Drew, Darren McFadden
    WR, WR: Ochocino, Eddie Royal
    RB/WR: Julius Jones
    TE: Dustin Keller
    K: Nate Kaeding
    DEF: Pitt

My team after trades:

QB, QB: Kurt Warner, Matt Schaub
    RB, RB: Jones-Drew, Darren McFadden
    WR, WR: Greg Jennings, Steven Smith (Carolina)
    RB/WR: Reggie Bush
    TE: Dustin Keller
    K: Nate Kaeding
    DEF: Pitt

I have Donald Brown on the bench, so if he ever breaks out, I should have a pretty good chance at the trophy.

What were some of the deals in your leagues that you thought were highway robberies?

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Stevonne Smith.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Man, 14-teams with 2 QB's each? Sucks when your QB has a bye.

4. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

That's why I drafted Kerry Collins in the 7th round for the bye week...but I just couldn't pass up getting Steve Smith. I have byes for weeks 4 and 10, so I'm going to try to turn Reggie Bush or Donald Brown into another starting QB after this week. I just offered this guy McFadden for Jason Campbell and Moreno...hopefully he bites.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just lose your bye weeks and be strong as possible for the playoffs.

6. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

I've thought about that, since I have one of the best teams in the league. However, my RB 2 throught RB 4 aren't too different. McFadden has good value right now, but I think Reggie Bush and Donald Brown are almost up there with him. I just want to get a little higher in the standings cause there is one team with Brees, Rivers, and Gore in a 2 QB league...that's pretty damn scary. I have the most depth, but it won't matter if those 3 go off at the same time.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Hate the first trade, but love the second one, so overall I like the end result.