1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Downfall of the Harden Era: Morey's Impatience and Obsession with "Superstars"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Stros, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

After tonight, if I don't see Morey kicking rocks with his buddy MDA during this offseason I'm going to be seriously disappointed. At this point it's probably too late as he's killed our future chasing his wet dream of having three "superstars", but on the bright side, if we fire him ASAP and another team gives him a shot, maybe we can trade him Eric Gordon's awful contract since clearly he doesn't see what anyone who has ever actually played the game sees: he's soft as tissue paper.

He traded away Montrezl Harrell, Lou Williams, Pat Beverley AND a first rounder for a guy who was forcing a trade off his team because he wanted to find a third star even though the chances were slim to none. Meanwhile, after he struck out time after time, he always resorted to handing out massive contracts to mediocre players because what else do you do after you let every solid role player available in free agency go by because you were waiting on that star to hopefully call you back. This man gave Ryan Anderson, Clint Capela, and Eric Gordon each around $20M annually over 4+ years and would have given Parsons too much money had Cuban not been an idiot and spite us. The two "superstars" he managed to land he ended up overpaying them too and had to give up first round picks to get rid of them.

For all the MDA haters, Morey is the guy who hired him and pushes this stupid offense - I wouldn't be surprised if he also agrees with these stupid rotations and not giving your other bench players a chance while guys like Lu Dort and Gordon-Tucker go off against us providing a spark for their teams as they go crazy from the bench. After all, it's clear from all of his moves he doesn't have any patience or willingness to develop a player. If you took the guys Morey has let go during his time with us for virtually nothing and started a team with them, they would probably win 45-55 games in the East and wouldn't shock me if they fought for the 8 seed in the West. They'd have a starting five of Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry, Robert Covington (remember we had him originally), Carmelo Anthony, and Montrezl Harrell with a bench of Pat Beverley, Lou Williams, and Kenneth Faried (comes in and averages 13-8 for us on extremely efficient shooting...MDA/Morey of course stop playing him once starters came back).

I'm honestly shocked how many people think this guy is a great GM. He's just like MDA...he's good enough to keep us relevant but will never win a title because of his two biggest flaws: his oversized EGO and stubbornness. Hopefully Tillman has seen enough of these two clowns and we'll enter next season with a new coach and GM that have an ounce of patience and a willingness to develop some players because we'll need that given we've traded away every positive asset we have other than Harden.

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

It wasn’t Daryls fault. If anything it was Harden and Tilman’s fault. Also you can bring Cp3 into this since he played so bad last year.

but yea I agree with you that he has traded way too much for what we get. Also remember that’s the nba teams being against Morey. They don’t want to feel like they were played like when he got Harden for some picks and Martin. Since Ethan he has had trouble getting traded or good trades.

i believe the trade for cp3 was like that since cp3 had a bigger contract. Harrell wasn’t in the first trade but he was added for matching salary.
    The trade for Russ was just Tilman forcing Morey and Harden wanting him here. He didn’t want to trade cp3 he had just told cp3 they wouldn’t trade him. Also cp3 devalued himself they way he played the year before. At least Russ was still healthy and fast. Chris looked slow and washed.