1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The BIG UNIT captures the NL Cy Young

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ROCKSS, Nov 13, 2001.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

NEW YORK -- Randy Johnson won his third straight National League Cy Young Award, easily beating Arizona Diamondbacks teammate Curt Schilling

Good for him!! I think Clemens will win it for the AL

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I saw that Oswalt got a 3rd place vote.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Hooray for Oswalt! You'll get 'em next year...

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Randy Johnson was clearly the best pitcher in the NL this year, well done Cy Young award voters.

Now don't go and **** this up by voting for Roger Clemens for the Al Cy Young, he had a good season, but he's not the best pitcher in the AL.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Seriously, I just don't understand voters. They get TV like the rest of us, right. All I ever hear is that Roger Clemens had a great year, but shouldn't be the Cy Young b/c others (garcia and hudson) had a better year and then they always go on to tell us he will still probably get it. Now don't voters see this stuff too and understand that he doesn't deserve it. I mean it always seems like we are preaching to the choir b/c most people understand Clemens doesn't deserve it (considering he could barely go 7 and had tremendous run support) and as best I can tell, the voters are people too, so why don't they get it like us. I don't pretend to be an absolute expert on baseball, but it's pretty easy to see Clemens was more a product of circumstance than a great pitcher compared to other pitchers and shouldn't get it. Yet I have no doubt they will be announcing his sixth Cy Young very soon. Even with him being an ex-Longhorn, I still think it sucks.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

GO YANKEE!

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Roger Clemens was 20-1 at one point in the season..............you call that "good"? I call that "awesome"

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Roger wins 6th cy young!

Go Yanks!!!

<i>Roger Clemens won his record sixth Cy Young Award on Thursday, receiving 21 of 28 first-place votes for the American League honor.

The Rocket, who led the New York Yankees to their fourth straight AL pennant, also received five second-place votes and two thirds for 122 points from a panel of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

Clemens, 20-3 with a 3.51 ERA and 213 strikeouts, is the only pitcher to win more than four Cy Youngs. Arizona's Randy Johnson won his fourth on Tuesday, matching Steve Carlton and Greg Maddux.</i>

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Hook em , Roger !!!

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Roger might have gotten fatter, but he is still damn good....on a side I can't believe I sold his 1986 card for $15 bucks a few years ago. I'm sure I could have found another sucker to give me more for it....but hey, I admit its about the money.

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Ick.

He wasn't even the best pitcher on his team.

I call that "Very good run support". He was a good pitcher, but he wasn't even the best pitcher on his team, much less the entire american league.