1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The big positive about loss against Denver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Apr 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

They made sure we won't face them in the 1st round. Thank god.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

FIFY.

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

We don't have to do anything. No way in hell we're catching the Warriors now.

4. jocar

jocar Member

Like I said b4, they play our game, but are better at it, and with more bullets in the chamber

1 person likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Their payroll is almost twice as big as ours. No shame is it.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

The gap between Rox and elite teams are huuuuuge.

No sure Rox can win more than 2 games against Spurs, Thunders or Denver in a series.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

The biggest indicators of this is our Conference record and of course the division record. We are the only playoff team with a losing conference record... in the west and the east. These Rockets play playoff intensity basketball through the season and beat the weak teams but certainly have had difficulty against the good ones. And that's fine...

This team is a work in progress and has already outperformed its projection.

Next season we should get into the playoffs with a strong winning record within the conference as well.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Their coach also preaches discipline and defense. I like McHale but sometimes I wish he would be less of a friend and more of a hard-nose coach to these young players.

9. HardLin

HardLin Member

I was really hoping the Rox would win tonight's game, because Denver is the only team above us in the Western Conference that we haven't beaten at least once. Unless the Jazz upset GSW tomorrow we don't have much chance for the 6th seed.

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

The biggest indicator of where you stand is your vs. +.500 teams record. We are 21-21 which is about right. Golden State is 17-23, which is why I always laugh when people think they have a chance to win a series. Memphis is 23-17 and the Lakers are 14-25. I haven't wanted to play Denver because they are 2nd in the league to Miami against good teams.

When you look at the East (outside of Miami), it is clear why they are such an inferior conference. They just beat the Hell out of sub-.500 teams and struggle against quality opponents. New York is 2nd in this category in the East at 19-18. It is horrible.

We are able to beat the lower teams, but just have a very tough time with the elite teams... We probably won't win a playoff series, but a game or two would be fun.

11. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Is having more than one bullet in the chamber a good thing?

12. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Yes! More fire power!

13. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Agreed, that is a very clear indicator. The conference record is a muddier version of it, but this is exactly what i was getting at in my previous post.

Basically, we need to temper our expectations in the playoffs this year.

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yeah I know what you mean, I always view the teams through the same prism, but using the +.500 record instead of conference record as a guide. But basically the West is the analogue of going against the over-.500 teams, so the conclusion is the same :grin:

15. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Despite the tough loss tonight, I think 6th seed is still there for the taking. Houston still got a more favorable schedule than Golden State (down the stretch) and they own the tiebreaker...Why not get 6th? If they do, and they get Denver, so be it? Who the f*** cares if Denver is the overwhelming favorite? "Ya gotta believe! There could be an upset....

16. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

What I admired most was their poise and ENERGY.

17. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Isnt that why Lin is getting benched?
    Or you mean benching Harden aswell?

18. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Want no part of Denver.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

They are the Rockets except about 3-4 years in the future, and minus a James Harden level star. They run and gun like us, but the fact that they are all vets means that they don't make one-tenth the boneheaded plays we do.

Long story short: without a star, they will be stuck in mud by the second round for the foreseeable future. I would much MUCH rather be a Rockets fan with our future potential. Good riddance.

20. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Lakers face Clippers tomorrow also so we could be right back up 3games over the Lakers so no biggie. Jazz face Warriors also

Anyways it's good to know we are basically out of Nuggets way