1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Best & Worst Isolation Players in the NBA: The Beard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

[​IMG]

James Goatden :eek:

2. valorita

valorita Member

I would say that irving needs more touches and lebron less isolations

3. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Wow, Irving could be in talks for scoring title if LBJ wasn't on the same team.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I'm surprised Lawson isn't on there. I guess I don't know enough about him, but I just assumed a fair number of his drive-and-dish assists came from iso's. I guess that's not the case??? Thanks.

5. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

He is, Just hidden behind Brandon Knight's name

1 person likes this.
  6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I think these guys are amongst the more efficient scorers in isolation. Not really the best and the worst. James Harden is amongst the most efficient you can find in this league. People will say "Irving needs more touches" but what this graphic shows is that, despite who is guarding him, Harden is going to create space and get points in isolation. Same thing with LeBron but guys can marginally disrupt a percentage of a physical player more than they can with someone skilled and crafty (e.g Harden)

Irving is just very aware of who he can beat off the dribble, get space, and score and he does it consistently. Doesn't mean he can do it on most everyone like Harden. Otherwise he would be able to singlehandedly bring his team to the playoffs in the East (which, he hasn't been able to.)

Thank you for your time and consideration of my post.

1 person likes this.
  7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Bummer. Seems really low considering I believe I had heard a stat that he was one of the best at Points per Drive?

It's all so fascinating though. Some of the most interesting stuff on this site to me.

8. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

That "points per possession" number for James is not that impressive considering that he had 0.605 TS% and 0.511 eFG% for last season.

Hopefully with Harden and Lawson on the same court, they can dramatically reduce the 1-on-1 possessions.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Most isos happen in shot clock and game clock situations, kyrie and jamal are high points, low volume because there's someone else on their team that does those situations.

The best iso player (by far) is Durant though, he just didn't play enough last year.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Efficiency of ISO being lower than the overall efficiency is expected. That's why it is seldom good to use ISO as your go-to play. Too easy to stop in the era of no illegal defense.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With Lawson playing well Harden does not need to ISO that hard IMO

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

James Harden's TS% in 2011-12 Regular Season: .660
    James Harden's TS% in 2011-12 Post Season: .605

James Harden's TS% in 2014-15 Regular Season: .605
    James Harden's TS% in 2014-15 Post Season: .620

Pretty awesome to see that when talking about accuracy under pressure(late shot clock possession), James Harden is one of the best in the game. James Harden is gonna be a snipper next season with the addition of Ty Lawson. In 2011, during OKC's finals run...just look at how efficient the dude was. Considering that he has played more games with the Rockets than OKC, Harden has still maintained his shooting prowess with an increased offensive burden. That truly is very remarkable. Now he has a tier one shot creator setting him up.

Excited about the possibilities, but we still are a long ways from anything.

13. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

I lol'd a bit when I saw Dion Waiters...all thought of was:

[​IMG]

14. xaos

xaos Member

He was without him before this year you know. ;)

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am not a huge fan of the iso ball. Bring back rick. Kyrie Irving has some sick handles, but it just lends to people standing around. Kyrie led teams have always sucked.

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He has to stay healthy

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's impressive.

With Lawson he'll get fewer isos but be higher on ppp

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

We all saw (joking, most of you didn't see it obviously) what can Kyrie and Love do without LeBron, when LeBron took mid season vacation. Cavs were under .500 in that stretch. Kyrie is amazing ball handler and driver, but I would take a handful of PGs in a do or die match in front of Kyrie.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

How do you edit posts in here?
    Kyrie doesn't make his teammates better and that's a big no no for a point guard.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kobe... chuck chuck chuck.