1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The best way forward...it’s you, it’s me, it’s us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Nov 6, 2020.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So let me say we can’t get all that we want and maybe that is how it should be...but first yes my title is in reference to the haunting of bly manor and what a great Netflix show! Anyways ..People seem so fixated on the President when the president is not a dictator, as Trump seen firsthand: states right based on the political affiliation of the governor will take the Marie Antoinette cake and make a lot of decisions from how elections are processed to laws that affect citizens

the office of the presidency is not this be all end all position. It’s a 3 headed dragon so to speak at a federal level. A conservative Supreme Court that might lean conservative by personal stance but not willing to do a Presidents bidding while basing decisions on the constitution is ideal to me....having a split house (senate/congress) ensures compromise is how things should get done and not just one way ...the people seemingly want this too as the senate was NOT flipped and the house majority for the dems has shrunk ..in other words no crazy progressive bidness otherwise the voting would have reflected otherwise...

now I know we have some people here that think the way forward is total progressivism but as a whole , this country does not if we reflected on the voting thus far

which leads us to the President...is Biden ideal? No but he seems more of a traditional Democrat than a all in progressive and that’s fine especially considering the split house . I know some of you believe I’m an ultra right wing secret proud boy that is standing by or whatever but you would be surprised...a moderate traditional style democrat such as the beautiful and talented Tulsi Gabbard is completely fine by me. A Biden that has lost something but still strong from a political experience viewpoint is palatable given he is not capable of extremes by the split house ...the way forward for republicans is getting someone that has the charisma, the drive, but more importantly political experience is proven invaluable for my perspective to prevent the opposing side from taking advantage...we saw the inexperience of political savvy firsthand on numerous occasions even from the beginning with hostile rhetoric during rallies that got old fast and I do feel the Russian hoax was just that a hoax, but Trump didn’t do himself favors by those he chose in positions or those he surrounded himself with with blatant inept inexperience at the beginning at least , and they got exposed for that and it reflected and yet he thrived for his first three years because a lot of his economic decisions worked ...they did. I was better off as was many. Numbers don’t lie but when 2020 came along , I think one of his biggest failings was having a sit down to discuss how serious he figured the COVID to be to a reporter that wouldn’t do him any favors later in the year...this is the dam political inexperience coming out and him not realizing that would be used against him. Pure stupid on his part, then the handling of the COVID to me was fine up until his refusal to endorse his own CDC guidelines ...everyone made mistakes early in the year but his arrogance seemed to be exacerbated in 2020, his ego seemed to be in play then when it seemed things couldn’t be more zany , the entire WH seemed to catch the COVID , the repetitive rallies weren’t helping...maybe Trumps best decision was selecting Amy Barrett for the SCJ , she showed herself to be an exceptional choice based on how many people saw it based on polling and how she came across . She impressed and said and did the right things based on precedents.

so do I still prefer a republican? Absolutely but we seen the dangers of not having political savvy, the dangers of how one comes across to the masses, not just to you , not just to me but to ALL of us...and like it or not , Trump still got over 69 million votes in one of the highest voted elections of all time for either side...we are a split country and the best way forward is ...compromise..it’s not a sign of weakness but the way things can and should get done ...further if the republicans were smart , we need to embrace a person of color as the next president ala Tim Scott. That would be ...perfectly splendid!

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You may not want proggesivism but understand if we don't stop trying to solve the current 40 year economic trends that have wrecked the middle class and the poor with neo-liberalism and neo-conservitism, you won't get progressivism, you'll get violent revolution eventually that will turn into full on Bolshevik style Revolution toppling property owners.

I don't want that, you don't want that but progressivism is the least of your worries if these current economic trends continue.

Appeasing the middle class and poor with neo-liberalism or neo-consevarism is nothing more than kicking the can down the road until frustrations reach a climax.

AOC and Bernie Sanders should be the last of your concerns. Be more worried about the bottom 50 percent of America causing more social unrest through accruing more debt while wages only increase a bit in the backdrop of social media radicalization. Wallets are getting more tight while radicalization through social media is ramping up. Horrible combo.

#2 fchowd0311, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re not fooling anyone...u exposed who u really are long ago

now Trumpers talking about compromise after supporting the destruction of democracy...gtfoh

Jimmy Chase, Zboy, Blatz and 6 others like this.
  4. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Tulsi is not a traditional moderate democrat. She's pretty progressive on a ton of issues outside of the LGBTQ stuff which knocked her down when she was a rising star. Right wing infatuation with her is about gay stuff and not being a language Nazi but when you look at other policy stances she's progressive. Most progressive ideas are well received but the right is really good at muddying the waters and scaring people.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Trumpers arguing for compromise from "both sides" now is pretty rich.

That being said, yes... I hope that Biden can lead a very productive term by bringing EVERYONE together, and focusing on a few big items we all can agree on. Infrastructure, Climate Change Bill (with bringing big energy to the table maybe... ehhh.... gross but it might be the only way we get anything done on climate), and of course finally getting a coherent response to taking care of Corona.

6. fchowd0311

Ya this guy was praising and defending abject fascist tactics. Now he's going to pretend he never did that.

7. fchowd0311

When looking at describing domestic policies in nuance, look at the difference between someone like AOC and Tulsi.

Tulsi is full of platitudes when it comes to domestic policy. Her shtick is military isolationalism. That's what she will delve deep into the most.

But she isn't like AOC, who with nuance dismantle Corporate executive rhetoric in congressional hearings.

She is is a pretty face with mostly platitudes who says some edgelord **** sometimes.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Sorry bro. One post of unity does not absolve 4 years of posting history stating otherwise. It's easy to ask for compromise after you've lost. That's what losers do. Try to leverage what power the winner is willing to concede.

Democratically speaking I respect your right to vote for who you believe is the best candidate but to view you as an American looking out for America's best interest? Not buying it. This President and all his enablers tried to destroy democracy.

This isn't directed at you btw Reeko.

the11mingdynasty and Reeko like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

and I won’t let him get away with it...him, or the rest of the right wing idiots on here

I won’t forget anyone who supported Trump’s attempts to destroy everything...all these politicians now trying to distance themselves from Trump...nah, what u did will not be forgotten

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

roxran is a chump, so I’m not surprised he’s trying this pathetic little charade

he is not sincere, and I hope nobody falls for his garbage

generalthade is another I suspect might try this if he even has the courage to show his face and make good on the numerous bets he has to pay

these people are shameless, disgraceful traitors to democracy

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I was not being her fanboy but rather pointing out how full of **** the right is about her. Their infatuation is about the edgelording as you put it but most of her official stances on healthcare etc they will rail on every other candidate but her which just proves they don't know what they're talking about.

CometsWin and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bly Manor sucks compared to the first season. Don't @ me.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can someone explain this to me?

was OP trying to blame slavery on America's Independence here?

14. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

The best way forward is to finish counting the votes, get the coward who presently resides in the Whitehouse out of there ASAP and install Joe Biden as our next president. More than likely turtle will still be Senate majority leader, Dems will keep the house, but trust me it will be a breath of fresh air with trump out of there. I think we may at least have a chance to see both parties working together.

With Biden, we can have a president who really gives a **** about others besides himself. I think he will work to repair our relationships with our allies around the world and undo much of the destructive policies put in place by trump. I think we will rejoin the World Health Organization, rejoin the Paris Climate Accord, and assume a more active and leading role in NATO.

One of the most important things I think Biden will do is coordinate a meaningful task force to bring an end to coronavirus. Yes, there are things that can be done to bring this pandemic under control . Proper leadership by the presidency does make a difference. Leading by example, encouraging people to unite against a common enemy, and being honest with us about what's going on is much better than lying to us, making fun of people wearing masks, being a smartass, being divisive, tweeting meaningless crap, and other destructive behaviors that trump engages in.

The big question for me is in another week, once all the final votes are counted and Biden ends up with at or near or possibly more than 300 electoral votes will trump bring an end to all of his bs and lawsuits alleging fraud. That's all it is is bs. He knows it but he is a narcissist and does not know how to be a graceful loser. At some point between now and Jan 20, 2021 will we have a peaceful transition. If not what process will we have to go through to get the SOB out of there. Meanwhile we have covid cases at record levels with increased hospitalizations and deaths sure to follow. He had his chance and he failed. For the good of the country we need to move on and give someone else a chance ASAP.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@ROXRAN you have to stop threatening to shoot people who don’t share your political leanings.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. biina

biina Member

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

HAY GAIS. LETS TALK ABOUT CRIPPLING DEBT AND BIDEN'S 2017 TAX INCREASE FOR YOUR NEXT TAX RETURN!!!

CometsWin likes this.
  18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Do you make more than $400,000 a year? If not STFU it does not apply to you.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

20. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I read your link and am unclear what your point is. In your previous post you come across as if Biden is going to raise everyone's taxes. In the link it says peoples taxes are going up because of something that trump put in. Please elaborate. I agree with you we need to do something about about the debt.