1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The amazing reach of clutchcity.net/clutchfans.net

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 22, 2003.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am right now in an Internet café in Barcelona/Spain.

I sat down at one of the about 70 computers here and typed in...bbs.clutchcity.net...

It did not even occur to me that I did not log in, as I usually have auto-login enabled on my laptop.

Then I responded to a post (in this thread, http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68785) and was shocked to see "drater" next to my post.

First I thought one of the admins wanted to play a joke or something, but then I realized that some guy must have logged in at this computer (that guy had never posted) and the cookies had not been cleared. The guy registered in May 2003 or so, but I don't know if that is when he logged in at this computer.

I clicked on user profile and saw that it is a guy called A.B. who goes to Trinity college in San Antonio...must be an exchange student or a tourist or so.

Now, I have read here before that people would accidentally forget to log out at UofH or so, and something like what I just described would happen.

But I think the fact that on a random computer somewhere in Spain, coincidentally someone had logged in before to check out clutchcity.net is just another example of the amazing worldwide reach of clutchcity.net!!!

And...what are the chances that that guy's user name is drater and the whole thing happens on the day when Clutch introduces the rating system!! :eek: :)

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This also serves as a reminder to me to always log out before leaving an Internet café!!!

(If anyone has ever been bothered or offended by one of my posts, it must have been someone else on a computer where I had forgotten to log out ;)).

3. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

If you are in EasyEverything on Las Ramblas, then you might hit upon a computer that I was logged into...

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Been there, too, but right now I am in a place called "Conectate" on Carrer Arago.

5. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I must get back to Barcelona soon. I love the place.

I've posted to this BBS from all over the UK, Paris, Vienna, Barcelona, Marseille, and soon to be Miami.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

We should have met somewhere along the way! Don't get me started on where I have posted to the BBS from...if Clutch looked at his statistics, he would have some very funny IP addresses there :D.

By the way, that would be an interesting question...if there are even any countries from which cc.net has NOT been accessed yet...

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, normally I don't log out when I use public computers because I think to my self who would go to CC.net? I thought the chance of someone using the computer/s i was on and visiting CC.net was pretty low.

I have accessed CC.net from Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Bolivia, Amsterdam, Bahrain, and ofcourse the USA (all over Texas).

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have logged onto the BBS at school before and I ALWAYS remember to log out. I'll be damned if someone impersonates me on this board.:D

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wow that's a cool story.

I'm about to leave on December 1st for a business trip to Italy, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. I'll most certainly hit up clutchcity from each of those places and contribute to its reach, although I'm sure those countries have already been covered many times...

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You can all go straight to the living HELL!

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Please disregard this post. I forgot to log off at the office and someone must have hijacked my account. :D

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

New Mexico - different country, I don't care what the "state's" people say... it is strangely different up there in ABQ.:p

And all around Texas...

Cool story.... CJSretard;)

13. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I logged in from Japan once - but I'm sure we have some members from there. I'm afraid I have to admit I was too cheap to log in from the cruise ship or we could have had the middle of the Caribbean covered.

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Possibly some of our departed brothers are still logging in from up there or down below as the case may be. I could name a few......

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

PS I thaught Mac Beth was a Heavenly poster till he got onto the Trading Idea.....

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Trust me, it is covered :). Miami - San Juan - St. Maarten - St. Thomas - Bahamas - Miami. All covered.

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

From what I can tell, four of the seven continents (North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia) have been covered so far. I'm pretty sure that somebody has posted from South America, though I haven't seen anybody post from there...Africa might a stretch, but you never know...

Anybody planning on any Antarctic expoditions yet?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I posted both from all over South America (Caracas, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Rio, Recife, Fortaleza, Fernando de Noronha) as well as from Africa (Cairo). There have been some posters from Venezuela when Oscar Torres was on the Rockets. The Seychelles are geographically part of Africa (I think), and prempeh is currently posting from there.

Antarctic expedition - seriously, hopefully in a few years.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The moon.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I hope that this site will grow even further and that there will be more Rockets fans from all over the world.

Go Clutch, go Clutch BBS, go Rockets! :)