1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

what really makes me sick about the Nuk deal was that there were alot of people trying to make an argument that Nuk couldn't separate and that his lack of speed was a liability for the OBrien offense (obviously we know now that it was a personal vendetta by OBrien) but for a year plus Obrien relegated Hopkins to a slot role. A "possession" receiver and in doing so he handicapped the best aspect about this player as seen in that picture above. His ability to high point a ball, his catch radius. Some of the best ever. Im almost certain that was a Klingsbury "get it to Hopkins" play and acknowledging his special talent.

Shark44, joshuaao, vinsensual and 2 others like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Elvin Hayes for Jack Marin

raining threes likes this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree about Billy Bob. But Cooks is insignificant on a team like the Texans because he doesn’t move the needle.
    Cooks is a complimentary piece and Hopkins is a star. Folks who make personnel decisions HAVE TO know the difference.

And (forget the $10 million he makes) David Johnson is not an NFL player anymore, yet he starts when healthy. These decisions are embarrassing for this franchise.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's not sad - it's HOUSTON football. I've been watching Houston football organizations produce this **** ever since childhood. NOTHING has changed - NOTHING ever changes. Ever since the days of Bud Adams Houston football teams have had to succeeed in spite of the coaches/owner/organization. It's no different with the McNairs who appear to more interested in running a plantation instead of a professional football team. As I sit here watching them laugh out loud on First Take at the Texans for trading Dhop (for a bag of rotting pinto beans) I have to admit that this organization deserves every last bit of ridicule that's coming its way today. They have earned it. And with a self-important ******* like Easterby in charge, this cluster**** is only just beginning. JJ is good as gone and if I'm Watson I'm doing everything I can do to get the hell out of here before my career goes full-blown Matt Stafford. The only bright spot I see from this is that Dhop gets to play on a team that actually about winning which must be a refreshing change of pace for him.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The anthem of anything remotely Texans related.

I hurt myself today...
    To see if I still feel...

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The name changed... (to a lamer name).

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They're really letting the Texans have it on Get Up. Everybody is talking about how that was the worst trade in NFL history. BoB will have to explain it on every job interview.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Get up is a trash show; their ratings are constantly terrible across the board

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. HillBoy

Elvin Hayes to Washington for Jack Marin?

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

same but with every Houston sports team.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. bobrek

See post #2202. :)

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

For a trash show they're definitely on point today.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever we about to get for Harden is gonna be close.

16. HillBoy

We had the same idea!
    We had the same trade in mind! You beat me to the punch. Thanks for making me chuckle today. I really needed a good chuckle after yesterday.

17. bobrek

I was 14 when that happened. Still ticked about it, especially since I was a lifelong UH fan.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Special all Nuk edition of You Got MOSSED... lol

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

God damn.

20. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

He doesn't need to throw any other WR. Brady didn't throw to many other WRs in 2007 when he had Moss lol. Murray is doing the same thing this season. Next season when double and triple teams come at Hopkins, I'm Murray will adjust and look at other options like Andy Isabella who is a fast WR and another kid they drafted this past draft.

MadMax likes this.