1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans at New England - How confident are you?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Eric Riley, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Texans @ New England - how confident are you?

1. Extremely confident. That last game never happened.

22 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Somewhat confident. If we play mistake-free, we have a shot.

82 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. It's a toss-up.

44 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Not confident at all. We'll get manhandled by Brady, unless we kick 20 FGs.

130 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

As the title says, how confident are you about next week's game against the Patriots?

2. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Not at all.....but neither was the nation for the USA Hockey Team in Lake Placid....

1 person likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Super confdent in ahura mazda!

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

To be honest, its hard to beat teams twice in this league... no matter how crappy things are going for you.

Had the Texans won or looked respectable in the first game, it shouldn't have any bearing on this game... same goes for when they were run out of the stadium.

They need to look at what San Francisco was able to do to the Pats defense just one week after the Texans game and try to work in more quick hitting plays on offense. As far as the defense goes, I was pleased with J-Jo and the secondary today... they need to be all that and then some next week. Quinn will have his hands full with Gronk.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm more confident than I was. The defense was great. The offense was really good between the 20s against a better defensive team than the Pats. The most yards they've had since Thanksgiving. If they can get their Red Zone offense solved, this could be a really good, competitive game.

I don't think we pull out the victory but I think it'll be closer than many will be expecting.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I fully expect the Pats to hand it to the Texans next week. Just not good a good match up.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If we lost today I wouldn't be very confident at all.

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  8. Eric Riley

Agreed. The Giants did it in 07 after having lost to the Patriots in the season. And the Giants went into the playoffs at 10-6.

But then again, they did have Manning.

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

in b4 honey bear comes out of hibernation to make a susan thread

10. BleedsRocketRed

I really dont know. The high of the win says hell yeah but once reality sets in I think I am going to expect a loss.

11. Eric Riley

No one would be confident if we lost today; we'd be eliminated from the playoffs :p

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

its taking every possible upset story ever in sports history to get me optimistic about this game. i think if the texans play the same way they did today, its gonna come down to schaub making a play i dont believe in that guy at all...

13. dafranchise0309

If our defense plays the same as we did tonight without the penalties think we really have a shot

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Bornz

Bornz Member

Not confident at all, but much more confident than last week. Our defense was our saving grace today. I hated the way our offense performed. Kubiak's gonna need to grow some juevos if we wanna get that AFC Championship.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Instead of losing by 30 we lose by 10?

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very confident. This will be the game where we shut up the doubters. This will be the game where we make Keyshawn Johnson spell masquerading on live television. They say revenge is a dish best served cold, well 40 degrees at Foxborough is plenty cold for the ass whooping we will put on one Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. and his hooded master. Bandwagoners will attempt to jump back on but...

[​IMG]
    GTFO

18. dafranchise0309

People are forgetting that Joseph did not play vs the pats. He is our leader in the secondary and will be huge for us vs the pats

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Time to pull a jets

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Joseph means less of Brandon Harris. A good thing. Now, if we could just find a way to see less of Keo and Demps.