1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Television shows using real locations....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrpaige, Oct 9, 2003.

1. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

So anyway, I turn on the Threat Matrix show tonight to see that tonight's episode is set in Amarillo, Texas, the town where I grew up.

Now, of course they don't actually go to Amarillo to shoot the thing, so the Amarillo of Threat Matrix looks suspiciously like somewhere far away, very green with lots of trees, etc.

And, of course, they make up names for all the places they go, bars, hospitals, colleges, pet stores, even the airport is given a different name (and mention is made of an "Amarillo to San Francisco" flight. I don't think there are flights from Amarillo to anywhere further west than Albuquerque). Even the mayor, who is a tall white guy in real life, has become a short, possibly hispanic woman (they referred to her as Mayor Gonzales).

So why set it in Amarillo at all? If everything is going to be made up, and it's obviously not going to be anything like Amarillo (and if at least one of the cast members is going to mispronounce the name of the city), why not just make up a town?

2. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Like the "Houston" that got blown up in Independence Day.

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Amarillo is not green? Who knew?

I understand, mr.p, I was in Amarillo last month.