1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T.O. and McNabb to Reconcile?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I am a little bit weary of trusting this guy after the crap he has put this team through, I'll I can hope is that he is sincere.

Terrell Owens Plans to Speak to Donovan McNabb

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens is ready to end his feud with Donovan McNabb.

Owens and McNabb haven't been on speaking terms throughout the preseason, but the All-Pro wide receiver said Tuesday in an interview on ESPN that he plans to talk to McNabb before Philadelphia's season opener at Atlanta on Monday night.

"It's not that I hate Donovan. I love Donovan. I don't hate him at all," Owens said, speaking publicly for the first time since he returned from a one-week exile from training camp three weeks ago. "I was just disappointed in a few things. I have the right to do that.

"Everybody speaks out of emotion. Everybody speaks out of frustration. Everybody's done it. That means I'm human. If you want me to go in and say I was wrong, maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't."

Owens started the friction in April when he took a shot at McNabb, saying he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

McNabb responded harshly, insisting he didn't get sick and wasn't tired in the fourth quarter of the Eagles' 24-21 loss to New England.

After he was banished from camp last month following a heated dispute with coach Andy Reid, Owens again went after McNabb, calling the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback a hypocrite. Owens has changed his act since returning to practice, and now he's finally reaching out to McNabb.

Despite their icy relationship, McNabb and Owens had no trouble on the field. In their lone appearance together in the preseason, the two connected five times for 131 yards, including a 64-yard touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage in a victory over Cincinnati on Aug. 26.

Both players celebrated that score separately with other teammates and ignored each other throughout the game, but Owens said the silence won't continue.

"You guys will see. It's not going to be a yearlong thing," he said. "Leading up to this Monday night game, things will get worked out."

Owens dominated the headlines this offseason with his demand for a new contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

The Eagles have refused to redo the deal.

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

he's only doing this cuz his image has taken a hit....

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

What a bunch of sissy girly men...maybe they can share a bowl of Chunky soup by a roaring fire...

4. Lil Pun

Even McNabb?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Puck Filly.

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

\

I don't know, ask his mommy.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I hope they shake hands and say they're sorry.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Who cares? Just more publicity for Owens - going a week without his name being mentioned on ESPN probably killed him.

I can see it now on ESPN - "Coming up on this edition of Sportscenter, TO takes a dump!"

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

In his driveway.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

While doing weights

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

While talking crazy and whining about his contract...

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

Probably not

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2213282

Owens discusses McNabb, his own future in Philly

ESPN.com news services

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens thinks the Eagles could be undefeated at this point in the season if they had Brett Favre at quarterback.

In an exclusive interview with ESPN.com contributor Graham Bensinger, the outspoken wide receiver also said injuries to Donovan McNabb have slowed the Eagles (4-3) this season.

"If Donovan wasn't hurt our record would probably be better," Owens said Thursday night.

ESPN analyst Michael Irvin recently said the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre were the starting quarterback.

Asked for his thoughts on Irvin's comment, Owens said: "That's a good assessment, I would agree with that, just with what [Favre] brings to the table.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries. I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens returned to practice Thursday after suffering a sprained ankle in the loss to Denver on Sunday. He's listed as questionable for Philadelphia's game, but told ESPN.com, "I would say I'm closer to playing than not."

McNabb has been bothered by injuries all season. He's been hampered by a sports hernia since Week 1, and also has a bruised chest and shin. McNabb missed his second straight practice Thursday with a rib injury and was downgraded to questionable.

Owens also hard harsh things to say about the Eagles for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch Oct. 23 at home against the Chargers.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

"I just want to be happy," he said. "If it's here, then I would love to be here; if not you got to move on. ... If there's a situation where they have a change of heart and come to their senses and pay me what I'm worth, then I'd be more than happy to be here.

"At this time I'm being honest with myself just trying to look toward the future, and I just don't see myself really being here. It's not because I don't want to be here, but I just don't foresee them doing the necessary things to keep me here."

Bensinger's full interview with Owens will be available next week on ESPN.com.

-------------------------------------------------------

Something tells me he'll never be happy.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

As I said earlier in this thread, "Who cares?" I'm just glad that my Broncos spanked that Eagles ass last Sunday.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wow...what a jackass.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whatever you want to say about Owens, and I never defend him because he is a jerk, he's the only one on that offense producing. they look terrible. as far as his relationship with McNabb is concerned, I couldn't care less.

16. Lil Pun

As long as he gets the ball thrown his way he is producing. If McNabb doesn't look his way he gets nothing. His stats are dependent upon Reid and McNabb.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Great talent? Yes.

Biggest nut in the nfl? Very likely. *******? Most definitely.

I would be very uncomfortable if my team had to rely on him.

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I heard this driving into work this morning on Mike and Mike...With Brett in his prime, maybe, but now, no way...Also, how does this not continue to hurt his relationship, if there is one...It's got to divide the team and maybe its on purpose, to get traded, etc.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

McNabb sucks. He's just speakingthe truth.

I heard someone else on the radio say the exact same thing the other day. I think it was Michael Irving.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what's your point?