1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supercharged Taurus?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Dude with all the bashing the Taurus has taken, I thought I would come out of the closet and finally say it...... I'm proud of you Kelvin!!!!! Man the dude has been playing with some passion and nastiness that we haven't had since Mario exited stage left. I think we, as Rocket fans owe it to him. So heres to Kelvin, the Taurus that could!

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

You're damn right! Go Kelvin! (or "Calvin", as Lisa Malosky would say)

3. Houstone

Houstone Member

Calvin Cato did play great, I hope Rudy double's that contract...;)

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Kelvin "The Hot Potatoe" Cato. Nice job!

5. Sane

Sane Member

LOL. I'm the biggest Cato fan in the world. But I still think someone's gonna say something stupid later in another thread like, "We need a C, not that useless *insert object* we have starting."

Great Job Cato, keep it up!

Question:

If Cato keeps up his effort. I mean, don't expect him to go for 17 every night. Maybe 12 points, 9 boards, and 2 blocks. Then I don't think we can find a better C right now for a cheaper price. At SF, we have Glen Rice.Although he didn't play well, he was really injured and didn't get a proper chance, and T-Mo and Griffin back him up there. The other 3 spots locked up.

Is there anything to do in the offseason? What's the first priority.

I think it would be a good idea to, instead of offering him a playing contract, give Willis a job as assistant manager or something like that, so he can continue to motivate Cato, if it's even needed anymore. Then, we should try to trade our pick, a future pick, and KT and any other bench player (if the other team wants), for the first or second pick to pick up Yao Ming. I'm positive this guy will take around 3 years to develop, and he can't play big minutes unless he's used to the NBA game, and develops his body somewhat. So he becomes our backup C, and in 3 years he will have had enough experience to start. Then we decide what to do with Cato/Ming.

What do you guys think?

6. Houstone

Houstone Member

Get Ming now!!!

7. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

"Hot Potato" Cato! Ha!! That's sticking in my book.

8. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Hey guys I didn't know Roc Paint325 was Dan Quayle!!!!!

Cool I've never knew he was a Rockets fan.

Whatya knowe.....:)