1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Suns' Gorilla gives props to Clutch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Old School

Old School Member

...the bear, that is.

In the latest issue of SI there's an interview with the Gorilla from the Phoenix Suns:

Q: Who's the wildest (mascot)?
    Gorilla: "Oh, criminy. The Bear in Houston, he's a wild man."

I've never heard a gorilla use the word "criminy".

OS

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

3. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Is this good news or bad news?

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Hehe...Clutch likes to get crunk with the opposing team sometimes. He'll like, go up to them and push them around...the fans really get a kick out of it when the player pushes him back. I hope he karate chops Miller tomorrow; I'm going to the game and I would love to see Clutch beat that ugly man's mug.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The funniest thing that I ever saw was when WWF wrestler Kane "tombstoned" the Gorilla despite good ole JR (announcer Jim Ross)'s protestations (is that such a word?).

I'm sure it wasn't the real guy who plays the Gorilla...probably some wrestler, but it was hilarious!

6. Old School

Old School Member

I've mentioned this before but the best bit I ever saw Clutch do was when he dropped a fake (I hope) turd out of his big inflateable Clutch. That happened last season.

I haven't seen him do that since but that was a classic.

OS

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'll tell you guys something. I met the guy that plays Clutch last year and hung out with him a few times. He is a NUT! He's a cool guy and he is crazy - funny as hell. I think you have to be a little crazy to do that job.

8. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Old school clutch does not do the turd thing anymore at the games because a few moms and dads called into the front office and expressed anger over his actions that night with the turd gag.

Hell to me I thought it was a riot but I guess their must have been some bible thumpers in the house that night.:p

Anyone guess the huge fat basketball that was walking around a few days ago was a failed attempt? I agree :rolleyes:

I will give the rockets some credit here they are giving everything away under the sun and trying to get more fans in the door.
    I have gotten more free stuff this year than any other time in the past 3 years!

9. Old School

Old School Member

Speaking of Clutch the Bear...I heard this is either his wife or girlfriend, wife I think though:

[​IMG]

She's a Power Dancer.

You go Clutch!!

os

10. Old School

Old School Member

The upper decks are getting a lot of free t-shirts. Also, if you punch out 100 All Star ballots you get a t-shirt for that.

OS

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

At the Lakers game that went into overtime , I was sitting in the forth row behind Lanier and matress Mac. I went to give him a high five, and he took some popcorn from a suit in- front of me and threw it in my face. I tought that was pretty cool.;)

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am full of envy!!!