1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summing up what Clutch is saying the last week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Jan 15, 2020.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

He is bringing down the house.......

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here is how MDA answered the question:

Danuel has fallen off. What's going on with him?

You never know exactly because if you knew, you'd just go fix it. It's a process he has to go through. Not really worried about it. He's thinking about it a little too much. Let me just do the simple things, play as hard as I can play, make the simple play until I get my confidence rolling again & get over the hump. He's on this journey. He'll figure it out & work through it. We just need to win games. He's playing hard, he's trying but it's not totally clicking. He'll get over this & find his way.​

To me that sounds like we are asking him to develop his playmaking off Harden's doubles. And the game is too fast for him. But they're giving him some rope to develop.

Deuce, Nook, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  3. heypartner

Actually, the whole MDA interview is a good read...transcribed by @J.R. in the game thread. i.d.i.o.t.

Deuce, saleem, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout MDA think, figure out, coach, and practice plays that they can run

Manos, saleem, Jontro and 5 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

#werefine

bmelo likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

[​IMG]

Dude is about to retire. There is a reason Murray sacked all his assistants - hoping he would walk away. But if Tilman is paying him, he'll be at work, not on the beach....

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SMH

Rocket River

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I really like this kind of logical and rational analysis after back to back ugly blowout losses :

Let’s blame it on a G leaguer.

True Rocket likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Imagine resting your season's hopes of supposedly "winning a championship" on a D league player learning to create for the team on the fly.

lol

Brilliant coaching.

[​IMG]

buffalobills!!!, s3ts, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If you really think he is a G-Leaguer...

He shouldn't be a starting SF on a contender-hopeful.

Tucker is an offensive liability, Capela is, Westbrook is. McLemore, Gordon and Harden are fantastically streaky. Everyone is undersized and rebound-challenged -- if/when they actually remember to box out. These things add up and House doesn't have time to score 3 points per game on wide open looks.

I complained about recent moves during the summer and then adopted a wait and see approach through December, but now I'm being openly negative again. I don't 'hate' any guys on the Rockets, but almost everyone has to improve from what we've seen recently.

It just hurts to see the slow motion trainwreck of moves that have gotten us from 2018 to here.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Everyone will tell you he shouldn't.

All except the Rockets brass.

House would be fine as someone off the bench.

He is being asked to do too much for a bench player that should be on a short leash.

It is what you get when you have a cheap owner that is pretending that he cares about building a contender or at the very least keeping it intact.

12. heypartner

Trap-busting off of double teams is a simple role, and a legit play. We even have PJ do it. Capela. Rivers. And House is competent sometimes, enough to warrant developing. If he can't improve, then he can't do that role in the playoffs.

Right now, I'm in favor have giving him rope (as Coach says), not a short leash. But his window to improve is shrinking.

He's definitely regressed...and yeah, it's so frustrating this team can't fill that simple offensive role that even a 40 yr old Iggy would crush ... or even a retired Livingston. sigh

Nook likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

D'Antoni sounds like McHale, eerily similar....at least he's forthcoming that he doesn't know.

s3ts likes this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

MDA developing players.........LOL!!!!!!