1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[summer league] Fonde games start next week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The first games start Monday at Fonde Rec Center. Good place to see current and former Rockets and other NBA players. I haven't seen the rosters yet.

Week 1
    Monday - July 10

6:30 pm New York vs. DBG's
    8:00 pm Black vs. Fonde All-Stars

http://www.houstonprocity.com/main.html

Our last year participants included, Sam Cassell, Cuttino Mobley, Rashard Lewis, Damon Jones, Ron Artest, Steve Francis, Moochie Norris, Reggie Evans, James Posey, Royal Ivey, Kendrick Perkins, Mike James, Nick Van Exel, J.R. Smith, Damon Stoudamire, Ansu Sesay, Charles Smith, Jonathan Bender, Terrance Morris, Jumaine Jones, Derek Anderson and Ndudi Ebi. This year the list will increase with names like Penny Hardaway, Rasual Butler, Anthony Goldwire, Emeka Okafor, Mo Williams, Jason Williams (ex-Duke star), Gerald Green and T.J. Ford just to name a few.

#1 Faos, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I hope Penny plays his tail off and the Rockets offer him a minimum salary deal.

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

He was probably one of the most overhyped players ever, but I would still like to see him go out on a positive note.

4. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Is Fonde open to the masses, meaning can anyone just walk in to catch some games?

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Yep...greatest show in town. If you're a basketball fan you should make it down there.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

If hardaway is got any kind of game left he would worth the minimum for 1 year.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, not overhyped. He would have been one of the best point guards of all time if it hadn't been for injuries.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya, anyone can go. I went last summer and got to see Mobley, Mighty Mouse, NVE, Posey, Damon Jones, Moochie, etc...

It's really hot inside the gym though, I was sweating my balls off the entire time.

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Oh...that's where that smell was coming from. :)

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

I started this thread last week but it got moved to the hangout.

11. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

exactly where is it? cuz i wanan check it out.

12. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

I was pleasently surprised to find out that the building outside my window was fonde when we moved into our new place at Sabine St Lofts!

13. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Sabine st off of Memorial Pkwy... or Sabine St off of Walker from down down...

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Obviously you weren't alive before he got hurt

15. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Penny was two time first team All NBA before he ever reached the age of 25. He was not overhyped at all. He just got injured. 25 points, 10 assists, 5 boards, 2 steals. You would have seen numbers like that year in and year out, if not for the injury, after he reached his full potential.

16. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

can anybody give me a recap of what happened last monday at fonde pro city? i missed monday's games because i had other things to do. i seen shawn kemp last wednesday at fonde, and he lost alot of weight. shawn kemp is really serious about making a comeback. :cool:

17. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

The only recap from last weeks game that I can give you is from the
    houstonprocity.com website front page recap.

I read on another message board a post that said the following players were in the house this past Monday.

keith bogans
    tj ford
    gerald green
    glenn "Big Baby" davis
    damon stoudimire
    daniel ewing
    royal ivey
    rashard lewis
    damon jones
    john lucas jr and many more.

18. opticon

opticon Member

Penny was a bad boy in the mid 90s. his game was very similar to lbj he just did not have the muscle mass that james does.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Real mature Faos... :D

Between the zero air movement in the gym, the full capacity, and my fried catfish dinner, it was almost unbarable. But anything to see Moochie Norris I guess.

20. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I went to the Fonde last summer for the first time. I have to say it was a little disappointing in a way. Of course, some of that probably had to do with the fact that I had to stand up on the side of the court behind a couple of rows of people and it was hot as balls in there. Honestly, though, the game play seemed pretty bad and Moochie Norris got significant PT. It's funny that Moochie lucked into that big contract considering he looked outclassed at the f'n Fonde. If you're in Houston and don't have to make a long drive to see the games, I'd recommend going...but dont go out of your way.