1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sucks to be a Magic fan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Looogie, Aug 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Looogie

Looogie Member

their weak front court just got weaker with Hunter tearing his ACL, so he's pretty much gone the year.

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

Hunter wasn't going to contribute this year anyway; he's too raw. He was injured in a big man camp, so at least he was trying to improve.

At least the Magic dumped their geezer in Ewing.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Losing Hunter isn't going to stop them from getting to the playoffs. And if Grant Hill comes back healthy then they're going to battle for homecourt advantage in the first round. I still think that Orlando should have tried to trade for Cato or at least Dampier. Personally, I think Cato fits their team perfectly, gives them shot-blocking and rebounding and can run the floor. Of course he gives us that off the bench so I'd rather keep him. Maybe they'll try and trade for Dream? Or sign Wang Zhi-Zhi?

4. Panda

Panda Member

Sucks to be a Magic fan? Awww... so sad. So welcome to hop on the Rockets bandwagon. :cool:

5. Looogie

Looogie Member

Something is better than nothing and thats what the Magic now have.

If Grant Hill comes back, Magic management and the Orlando Sentinal keeps saying that, its been two years now, last year he was 100%, now he's truely 100%... Not sure about anyone else, but when I see it, I'll believe it and not rely on other people's opinions.

6. mfclark

mfclark Member

Nah; it's all about next year and what cap room the Magic will have - enough to make an impact, moreso than via trade.

The only two viable options look to be Kemp and Charles Oakley; one or the other will likely sign in Orlando and make more of an impact than Hunter would, so no, it doesn't suck to be a Magic fan.

I think Looogie's just trying to stir things up due to the Toronto-Orlando rivalry.

7. mfclark

mfclark Member

I forgot Horace Grant, Pat Garrity, Ryan Humphrey, and Olumide Oyedeji were nothing. My mistake.

Seriously - anytime anything happens with the Magic, you make a much bigger deal out of it than really needs to be made about it. Do you really think Steven Hunter is that big of a loss? Because, well, he isn't.

8. Looogie

Looogie Member

:p :D

I got to smile because Magic fans have been claiming that Hunter would be an impact player all off-season. He goes to the 'great' big men camp and blows out his knee in the process, kind of funny dunchadink

9. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Teehee :p

Houston trades:

SF Glen Rice (8.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.3 minutes)

C Kelvin Cato (6.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 25.5 minutes)

Houston receives:

C Andrew DeClercq (2.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.4 minutes)

SF Grant Hill (16.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 4.6 apg in 36.6 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +4.3 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED by realgm.com

and then I woke up and cato was still a rocket
    :mad: :mad:

PG: Francis
    SG: Mobley
    SF: Hill
    PF: Taylor
    C: Ming
    6th man: Griffin

kapaya

10. Stevie Francis

real gm needs to go over trade values or something cause those to for hill.:confused:

11. MagicFan

MagicFan Member

boy do i feel like the odd man out here... hahah as i should be on a rocket forum. Plus my name and the title of this thread... blah

Still gonna be a difficult year... if ho grant resigns and Big O is there we should have some depth, drew could back up O and Ho G can star at pf...
    plus theres no way 2 stop the combo of hill miller and tmac... thats just some sick scoring...

12. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms Member

Since when does a team in the Eastern Conference need a center?

13. Looogie

Looogie Member

Since Boston got Vin Fatty :p

And yes people, that was a joke.

NJ is gonna be sick this year though with Mutombo, Childs and Rogers, plus RJ getting his well deserved spot at SF. KVH just sucked the goat

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

Like I've said before, we should trade Jason Collier and try to acquire Jeryl Sasser. That gives Orlando another big man and we get our backup SG. As much as I like Oscar Torres he's no where near as good as Sasser.

15. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Didn't Sasser shoot about 30%, that's not worth trading for. And I think that we should have no part of trading with the Magic they won't offer anything and they have no good role players. We would only upgrade their roster by trading. Oh and by the way Grant Hill, will never be the same again, it's up to McGrady to carry this team on his back.

16. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Man oh man you Raptor fans hate the Magic.

You're taking up where us Bulls fans left off in the early days of internet hoops, right after the Bulls destroyed them in '96.

17. mfclark

mfclark Member

Sasser hardly played. He's not as good as Collier, though, but that says nothing - neither are any good, not right now.

The Magic is a team full of good role players with just one star...that's why they've been unable to succeed.

And until you can see Grant Hill on the court again, it's kinda harsh to make such subjective judgements that can't be proven.

All Steven Hunter's injury means is that the Magic will sign someone who will make an immediate impact; Hunter wasn't going to be ready until 2003-2004 anyway.

18. mfclark

mfclark Member

At least in the realm of hating the Magic. It's all about McGrady - they wanted him, he didn't want to stay, and since he came to Orlando, it's been a rivalry.

Too bad the Craptors can't get the better of the Magic. :p

19. Looogie

Looogie Member

Last I checked we've passed the first rd with Vince, you have yet to even get to a Game 5 at best with Tracy.

Booya

20. JamesC

JamesC Member

Just out of curiousity what did Oscar Torres shoot? I think Sasser has a lot more upside than Torres. Plus he just came off his rookie year.