1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Still scarred from Eddie Griffin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Jun 29, 2006.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How scarred are the Rockets' Management since then? I remember Rockets' fans that year being extrememly ecstatic when we drafted him. He was going to be our new main Big Man and solve all our front court woes. Rudy Gay may turn out to be something but then again he may not. If anything I am frustrated about is that I believe we might have gotten something better for Rudy Gay rather than Battier and I don't understand why we would trade with a team in our own division like Memphis. Many teams that were projected to pick him up decided not to. Heck the T-wolves had a chance to pick him up at the 6th pick but decided to take Roy instead.
    Going back to the main topic of this thread, has the draft that had us pick Eddie Griffin shunned the Rockets from trusting in rookies? JVG may have been a factor in this but I think CD was the main man who chose to pull the trigger on the trade. Didn't we also hire someone to work under CD for his last year who was some sort of expert in judging personalities of players. Maybe he saw something in Gay's attitude that reminded CD all so well of the EG project. A player that was said to be one of the top two picks of that year's draft but for some reason stock fell and was traded in a heart beat for 3 of our lower picks.

2. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

First off - Rudy Gay never punched out a teammate or been known to be a gun toting idiot.

Second - Rudy Gay played for UConn. Eddie Griffin played for Seton Hall.

Third - If the Rockets are never going to pick a rookie high again unless he's a four year player, they don't deserve to compete. That's just **** logic right there.