1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sticking up for B-ball Freak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballFan, Sep 29, 1999.

1. BasketballFan

BasketballFan New Member

I happend to wonder into B-ball Freak's thread about his prediction that SA will sign and there will be PC tommorrow.

He was attacked!

The guy said he had a source. And so far he was 100% correct. I don't think some of us should have gone futher than questioning his validaty of his prediction. With all the rumored sources posted up here, his prediction is the only accurate one, actually, it came a lot earlier than any news outlets.

I am starting to think this guy BB freak might be one of the Rockets. Could he be SA himself? Could it?

2. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I don't know who he is either but I'm still pissed about my paycut.........err, I mean his paycut

3. PhiSlammaJamma

This group is too much. For two months I've watched everyone speculate on every possible scenario under the sun and then when someone acutally posts the truth they get burned for it. Cheers to the FReak. I trust you, and hell, even if you throw some crap out there I'll have fun speculating on it. That's what the BBS is all about isn't it? I thought the front page of Clutch City was for the real deal (and even if it wasn't who cares!) It's all about having fun.

4. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

From an administrator's standpoint, there is more to our dissatisfaction with B-BallFreak than meets the eye.

My source tells me that posts of that nature are very, very bad for clutchcity.net's "outside" relations.

Unfortunately, that's all I can say right now.

------------------
    Hey Mr. Spaceman,
    Won't you please take me along
    I won't do anything wrong

Hey, Mr. Spaceman
    Won't you please take me along for the ride?

5. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Now I can see where some of you guys are coming from as far as the name of the thread that freak posted, but this problem goes deeper then this one inciddent. I know I will probably get sh*t on from most of you guys for saying this but here it goes... Some of you guys (no names) take this stuff way to seriously... I thought this was an open forum for all Rocket fans? For all you guys know, the poster that everyone is bashing or threating could be a 13 yr old kid, guessing what may happen with his favorite team. Or it could be someone just giving their own opion, but to go off and threaten to close a thread? COME ON!!! It's people like this who visit this great web page and have made it as big as it is today. I myself am hessitant to post what I would like to see from time to time for fear of being attacked by the "capologists". I am sorry if I do not know every rule regarding exceptions and what not. This problem of degrading posters and name calling is a serious problem and should be dealt with. Maybe a new BBS should be opened for fans who cannot predict what may happen or do not have a "source." Whats next Clutch, you gonna have memebers apply to be able to join the discussion? Lord knows, if their opiion differs from the majority of the board then they are succeptable to being beaten in the streets. This board hasn't alwasy been like this, I know cause I have been coming here for 2 years and I love this page, but please guys, LIGHTEN UP! We're all Rockets fan's so lets just take a deep breath the next time you want to murder someone's thoughts. And if a topic is something which you do not approve of or agree with then here's an idea... DON'T READ IT!

6. Doesnt this belong in the Hangout forum?

Someone end this before we move on to abortion rights, and deep political discussion.

7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

There is no such thing as freedom of speech on a privately-held Fan Forum.

clutchcity.net is not violating your First Amendment rights by telling you that you cannot swear or that we do not want you lying to people.

It is up to you to convince people that your source is valid and worth reading.

Plain and simple.

Now, please, back to the topic at hand.