1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Stephen A. Smith] The Rockets' upper management are throwing games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just now on First Take :eek:

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Daryl Morey is telling JB Bickerstaff which players to play. :eek:

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's what it looks like.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hope someone can post the video. would love to listen to this.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Someone post that clip if you have it. I'll try to find it on YouTube(I think ESPN uploads them there).

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hard to believe any nba team can be that ****in stupid so yeah they are throwing games
    look at the rotation vs the suns. what the ****ing **** jb?

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Guess that would explain some of the weird stuff going on this season.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is news? They let Bickerstaff coach 70 games. Of course they're throwing games.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

or you know the Rockets just suck

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Stop making excuses for this so called professional basketball team, they flat out suck.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Stephen A: Rockets upper management are throwing game. Telling Bickerstaff what players to play.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We couldn't even beat the Suns when we were at home. Harden had a great game and played a lot of minutes.

But it did seem like the players rolled over in the last few minutes.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It finally dawned on me after the suns game rockets were throwing games, but when did morey start to tank.?

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

why did you post this without a "hot take alert" man.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only dumb asses watch/listen to First Take or anything from BSPN for that matter...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

SAS: They're throwing games. That's what's going on. I don't mean the players & coaching staff. I mean upper management. I don't believe the players are tanking. I do believe things are going on with upper management. Firing Kevin McHale 11 games in, which was absolutely idiotic and Daryl Morey should be ashamed for making that decision. I like Daryl and has done a good job leading up to this year but that decision was just abysmal. A stupid decision and people should be looking at Morey differently.

They're in a situation where they don't want to face Golden State. As a result, you'll hear Clint Capela and other guys should get more minutes. Yeah, they'll show up against OKC and other big games and then they'll show up and wet the bed like last night. I think J.B. Bickerstaff is being told from time to time who to play and who not to play.

Then we get to the issue of Dwight Howard. No doubt he looks like just another player. Over the last 12-13 games, he's not in double digit shot attempts. It's 8 or less. They're not calling plays for him, they're not getting him the ball, they're not having their $88M involved at all. That's no accident. That's on purpose. I think in a round about way, they're saying we don't want you here anymore. If he's smart, he'll want to get the hell out of there and go back to Orlando, where he never should have left. Harden needs help. He's a superstar. But too much messiness going on with the Rockets and look no further than upstairs. That's where the problem lies. They've disrupted this team that was 2 games from the NBA Finals.

Skip: I don't see how you think they're throwing games from the top down. (OKC, TOR, CLE victories) Clint Capela, he's earned more minutes. He's that good. If you want to focus on Dwight, he's lost heart for this. He doesn't really care. If Dwight is at the center of giving up, I get that. If you think he's the albatross this team drags up and down the court, I get that. I don't think they're tanking.

SAS: That's fair enough. I'm saying there have been many times in my NBA career where I've seen a team on the cusp of the 8th spot say it's not worth it for us. It's not a priority to make the playoffs. I'm not comparing them to the Sixers. They realize this is not an ideal situation. They want the season to be over. They know Dwight is probably gonna leave and he should want to and you have that albatross causing that dissension.

Skip: There are nights I watch this team and think they could make GS sweat.

SAS: That's not good enough for them.

4 people like this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

To be honest, not wanting to make the playoffs is the only reason I can see to have kept Bickerstaff as coach.

18. boiler

boiler Member

False. You don't throw games by running your franchise player to ground. Harden was averaging 43.2 MPG during last five games. 43.2 min!! Are you kidding me?!

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks J.R., appreciate that.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So basically:

SAS: They're tanking. I KNOW IT FOR A FACT.

Skip: I don't think they're tanking.

SAS: Fair enough. I'm just saying that sometimes some teams tank.

Grade A television, reporting and analysis.

4 people like this.