1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] Melo, Durant and Kobe looking to team up in NY for 2016-2017 Season.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just now on First Take.

2. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Stop it please, that guy is just full of hoohaa like Phil Jackson. I really wonder what drugs are going around in New York these days..

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Unless it's a legitamate source, or if the Knicks even have that cap space to sign all 3 players, then no.
    And First Take.....

Lol.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

another dumb rumor

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

I can't believe I used to watch ESPN back in the day and watch first take.

What does SAS even do for ESPN?

6. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

dumbest take ever

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So how many basketballs do they plan on playing with?

8. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

SAS is now just reporting his dreams.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sucks, SAS used to be so legit back in the day. Quite Frankly was always a good show. The Allen iverson interview is epic.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Damn, HE WISHES!!!

Freakin delusional Knicks fan... SAS probably thinks there's a shot LeBron will join him in a couple years too.

Poor scrubs get stuck with Kristaps and trash for the next few years.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Add Rudy Gay and I might just believe the rumors.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As much as people don't want to hear it, SAS is a legit source.

He called the Heat thing and people laughed at him then. He also called the Doc Rivers being traded thing and people asked "Can you even trade coaches?" well apparently so.

Who knows if it is possible or what will happen, even if he had a very strong source on this it could still be wrong.

If this were to happen though I feel sorry for Durant. Star players going to NYK...that never plays out well. That franchise has some kind of curse on it.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

They'd still suck.

Durant would be frozen out by one mega chucker in Kobe and another chucker in Melo.

They need to add in JR Smith and Nick young to complete the 5 and Jamal Crawford and Josh SMith off the bench.

Then they gonna ring

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I hope this happens.

Wouldn't have to worry about OKC anymore.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't really mean much if he called those things or not when he's made several predictions in the past and was completely wrong.

He said Carmelo was leaving the Knicks in FA on guess where? First Take with Skip. well look what happened.

not to mention this ridiculous trade rumor SAS started 2 years ago: The proposal allegedly being discussed was Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan and Caron Butler.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hey, I hope he's right.

Get KD out of the Western Conference. I hope Morey's getting inside info from KD vis-à-vis Harden (if KD's letting on about anything) and not throwing away another season in hopes of landing the unlandable.

Stephen A. Smith is for New York what Stein is for Dallas and Shelburne and others are for the Lakers, but Smith, overbearingly New York as he is, has some legitimacy, whereas Shelburne is a plump toad with a Lakers press pass and Stein simply repeats what Cuban and Fegan tell him.

EDIT. Ah, yes....and Kobe. What's left of him might tag along as a 22 mpg guy in the twilight of his career. His ego has never allowed it until now, but if he can be a supersub (health allowing), he might just take low money to play in New York. Hell, the endorsements would be through the roof anyway.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I would like to see it happen but I don't don't think they would win it all.

18. hakeemthagreat

It does sound ridiculous. But if Woj reported this y'all would take it as gold:rolleyes:

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Kobe, possibly
    Melo, defnately,
    Durant, this part seems implausible, as it's not in his long term interest.

Generally, Stephen A has inside knowledge on the pulse of the players and the Knicks doings, but he might be stretching what he knows from the Knicks, Kobe, and Melo out to Durant. So think some credible knowledge, but not on all participants.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, that's because no one is 100% right. Especially if his sources are indeed gossiping players that would mean it would just be gossip.

Him being wrong doesn't negate when he was right either. People always get on others for being wrong, like CyberX but things are in flux. It could be entirely true that this is the plan for the 3 players but 2016-17 season is far away from now. Kobe could retire by then.