1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stats suggest we would benefit from trying to use DMo & Casspi . I thought our Front Office was stat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Jabberwock, Apr 24, 2014.

1. The Jabberwock

I know the playoff is a different beast,
    but when we say "we tried everything against LMA",
    or when we speak about effort (or lack thereof)...
    The mere stats point out that perhaps these 2 should have had their bath of fire by now...

Note: I only looked at regular season stats from January 1st 2014 and on
    (To avoid the claim that, in Omri's case, the great start of the season is not indicative)

Here are the overall Rockets players' stats in 2014

and then the specific stats vs the Blazers in 2014

(Except for the highlighted cells, you may wan't to look at Rebounding, Assisiting,
    Defensive Rating, and for the Blazers' matchup - even 3PT shooting)

[​IMG]

Data taken from Stats.nba in Here and in Here

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Daniels, DMo..need to play..maybe Casspi

3. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

4. noone

noone Rookie

Take the agenda out of it it's time to play Casspi. Sending out the same guys with contradictory instructions will be another disaster. No offense to Dmo but he's the same guy with lead feet.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

give daniels a shot. harden doesn't need 40+ minutes of being a black hole on offense.

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Aldridge would **** your Boy Trashpi harder than Jones

God I hate player only Fans

7. noone

noone Rookie

That's not possible. To be honest you're so needy that you have no credibility.

8. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Screw statistics, just let the other guys play and let's see what happens. it's just like that Denver game where Daniels and the rest of the other bench players had a chance to let it rain.

Portland clearly knows how to outplay our 7-man rotation as if they were on the palm of their hands and Mchale is just either too afraid, too hardheaded, or perhaps just too dumb to see it.

I'd rather have us lose seeing that we actually tried to do something different rather than stick with the same kind of thing over and over again because it's clearly not working right now.

9. Jblazea50

Jblazea50 Member

DMo can't do any worse than Howard, Asik, Jones, Parsons, and Garcia combo trying to guard LMA. If DMo stinks it up, then you can put those other players who can't guard in either on him.

10. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

I hate garbage fans like you.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Exactly.. I don't understand people who say one player would get *****ted on.. Everybody is at the moment, it cant get any worse. We need to extend our rotation cause this little 8 man rotation is killing us

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Who is this Dmo guy you're talking about?

I haven't seen him in the playoffs. Do you mean we have a quick footed 7 footer that hasn't been tried guarding a player that has scored 90 points on us in two games? How could it be any worse than what has happened? Maybe the coaching staff should try this Dmo guy out and see what he can do.

13. The Jabberwock

Never heard of him... ;)

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd like to see DMo and Daniels. Casspi, no thank you.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

You will get you what you wish for because McHale's coaching is an average fan level. No pin intended.

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

And why would Casspi guard Aldridge instead of Dmo?

17. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I think what you're seeing in this series is the collapse of McHale's strategy and the assumptions that he used to guide this team over the regular season. The lineup he has and the defensive strategy he is employing will not win this series. Portland has proven over these 2 games that its starting lineup is better. In order for Houston to win this series, a few changes have to happen:

- D-Mo, Asik and Howard have to each guard Aldridge for stretches of the game and reduce the number of shot attempts. He cannot get to 30 points if the Rockets have any hope to win.

- Jeremy Lin needs to be a primary playmaker and James Harden needs to be moved to the wing. Isolation ball is not working. When Lin has been on the floor in these 2 games, players seem to get easier baskets. Jones, Howard and Harden have all scored easily from plays initiated by Lin. Lin probably has the best +/- of any player on the team right now and though that stat is often a false positive, if you actually watched those portions of the game, it is no accident. He makes the game easier for his teammates. After Dwight Howard, Lin is the best 2 way player the Rockets have right now.

- Casspi and Garcia need more time on the court. They have the capacity to be 2 way players. Parsons is a streaky scorer. Use him when he's hot, but when he's not scoring he isn't giving them much. His minutes need to be rationed based on his on-court performance.

- Patrick Beverley has been outplayed by Damian Lillard. He is not impacting the game (though Bev had some nice shots in game 2). His minutes need to be reduced to about 24, and he needs to play alongside Jeremy Lin to be effective. His value is in getting loose balls to jump start the offense. He cannot guard Lillard effectively one on one or disrupt the Portland game plan. When he gets 35 minutes he is taking floor time away from different lineups that could utilize Casspi, D-Mo and Garcia.

I think a lineup that is oriented towards making Damian Lillard a volume shooter is what will work for the Rockets. I would rather Lillard take 24 shots than to see Aldridge, Matthews, Wright, Batum et. al. get open looks.

18. noone

noone Rookie

The thread is an agenda to promote Omri Casspi which should be taken with skepticism. At this point give it a shot in the first half and if something good comes of it than keep doing it. The Rockets have nothing left to lose and irony follows around portland. It could work.

19. The Jabberwock

No it's not! :grin:

As much as I like Casspi to succeed in the NBA, as his countryman -
    My ONLY agenda right now is the Red Nation playoff success (the slim chance that's left).
    Anything else comes second at best.

If I felt the Rockets were running smoothly right now vs Portland (without Omri & DMo),
    then - Israeli or not - do what works best, and leave the guy out for now!

Actually - I believe even HE would probably say the same...

20. chandlerbang21

Dmo has the size to defend LMA and the quickness to stick with him. He also draws fouls in the paint. At the rate jones is getting killed its worth a try