1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[StarTribune] Will Saunders be next Wolves GM?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Mar 4, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shakeup in Minnesota?

#1 J.R., Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The return of Flip Saunders? Sounds good. He was an okay coach I guess. Wasn't exactly "blessed" with a great team in his last days in Washington. Honestly I'm suprised they kept him for as long as they did. As a GM, maybe he won't have the same sick love for Rubio that Kahn does, and he'll trade him. He's had such a bad shooting year this year.

3. Depressio

Depressio Member

A bag of poop would be more effective than David Kahn.

4. Aleron

Aleron Member

still won't keep kevin love past 2014.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Someone explain to me why any sanely run NBA franchise would give Flip Saunders the time of day. The guy is the living definition of useless retread.

6. Anxiety Trooper

They are interested in him on the personnel side of operations. We have no idea what he brings in that realm.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

The article also states that if Adelman leaves they would consider putting him in as coach with someone else taking the personnel spot.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Really? I thought Saunders was pretty solid as a coach. He didn't have the charisma or the aura needed to contain megalomaniac NBA players, but his X's and O's were decent IMHO. The T-wolves have recently made a lot of good personnel decisions, hiring RA, getting Kirilenko, Shved and C-bud to buff up the roster. And made a low risk high reward move by getting Broy. I thought it was Kahn improving, but maybe it was Saunders being the consultant.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Yeah but then the Wolves would be even ****tier.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Member

We'll see how good of a GM Flip will be when Morey offers Royce, Terrance, and a bag of chips for Kevin Love.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

Damn man, feel bad for Adelman.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Why?

I feel bad that his wife is sick, but other than that I do not feel bad for him at all. He knew Khan was the GM when he took the job, and he knew he was taking over a bad team. He did it because he wanted the huge pay day, and quite frankly he has not earned his salary yet.