1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Sports Illustrated] Kelly Dwyer: In or out? Fighting for playoff lives

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=cnnsi-inorout&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

Houston Rockets

Status: As it's been all season, one superstar is turning into a beast (Yao Ming is averaging 23.5 points, 12.5 boards and 1.7 blocks over his last 10 games) while another is needing help off the court (Tracy McGrady left Sunday's win over the Trail Blazers with more back spasms). Meanwhile, coach Jeff Van Gundy is mercilessly ripping his overmatched team in public, eviscerating all but power forward pets Ryan Bowen and Juwan Howard. Stromile Swift's brain-lapses seem to be contagious. And yet, the team has won 13 of 17 and has no designs on throwing a lottery pick Van Gundy's way.

Record needed to make the 8th spot: 15-6
    Projected record: 10-11

Key stretch: It would seem to commence on April 2, when the Rockets play six road games against Western Conference opponents in nine days. Heady times, to be sure, but next week is the real test: a trip to San Antonio on Sunday, followed by home games against the Nets, Mavericks and Spurs again.

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

One thing to note is that this article was written by Kelly Dwyer, a member here, so give him hell fellas. ;)

3. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Flyin' Ryan's a power forward? :eek:

Nothin' but love for RBo, but "power" is not a word that comes to mind when I see him on the court. "Spaz", maybe, but not "power".

4. thiagu88

thiagu88 Contributing Member

ahahhahahhahahahhahahhaa :D

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Yeah, that was dumb of me.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

so you project 10-11 hey? this will be an interesting thread to look at when its all said and done.

7. KellyDwyer

Only if JVG puts Ry-Bow at his true power forward position.

See? I'm in-sight-ful!

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The thing I hate about this article is the projected record. Not because it's a stupid prediction, but because it's a very fair prediction considering T-Mac's health. Good job, Kelly. At least more people are reading about Yao becoming such a beast! :D

9. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Dude, 'spaz' is a power, just like super-strength is. Rybo is a superhero ... a superhero with the 'spaz' of ten really-uncoordinated-yet-very-energetic men.

Hell, he even already has an alter-ego name: Walking Chaos. ;)

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

At least we aren't the only one that notices the love affair of Bowen and Juwan by JVG. :D

11. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

We just need to keep fighting and eventually prove them wrong.

12. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I'm going to take a guess that this is a Charlie Rosen article. don't ask me how I know.

edit: wow, it's Dwyer. Shame on you for your negativity!

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I figured it was Kelly because he knew about the affair. :D

Anyways, I respect his telling it how he sees it-ness(??), especially since he knows that gonna make it's way to the board and he's gonna get ripped. Much Respect.

Kelly Dwyer, we're gonna prove you wrong! :p

14. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

when do we play the Kings? I feel like were gonna kick some ass

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The only way we could possibly loose 10 games is if Tracy McG is not able to play.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

fixed!

17. declan32001

declan32001 Member

10-11 finish huh? Man I just don't see it unless T-Mac's back situation gets re-diagnosed and he shuts it down. But in that scenario (which I would find very suspicious) some serious changes are going to be made in the offseason.

18. KellyDwyer

Here's to hoping they prove my ass wrong!

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

tracy or no tracy
    I don't think we loose 10 more games

Rocket River

20. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

That article was written after we won vs the TRailblazers so they assumed we would 11 times in our final few games but we have won the last 2 since this was written so they should change it to where we finish 12-9 and a record of 41-41. However that being said I don't think Houston will finish 12-9 in those final games I think Houston will get atleast 14 or 15 wins in the final few games and finish with 43 or 44 wins on the season and the 8th seed. Spurs,Nets,Mavs,Spurs,Clippers,Mavs,Hornets,Cavs,Sonics,Wizards,Lakers,Sonics,Blazers,Warriors,Kings,Jazz,Twolves,Grizzlies,Nuggets,and finish with the spurs. That being said I think we beat the Sonics both times, Spurs 1 time, Mavs 1 time,we beat the Cavs and Wizards,blazers and Warriors, Nets and jazz We beat the Twolves and we will have some tough games vs the KIngs,Lakers,Hornets,Grizzlies and Nuggets and Clippers. I say we win 13 games I can call outright I think and 3 games that we lose outright. Then we 4 games vs the Lakers,Kings,Nuggets and Grizzlies that will games I'm not sure which way they will go. Give your thoughts on my prediction. Go Rockets!!!