1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spoked with Rockets ball boy today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Jan 28, 2001.

1. alaskansnowman

ahahahahaha. I can't believe I actually wrote "spoked". I guess I was just too excited... and watchin the super bowl at the same time can knock off ur concentration.

I was at this gym playin ball when I notice this guy wearing all Rockets gear - Rockets shirt, Rockets shorts, and Francis's new shoes.

I go up & ask him about the shoes, and he says "Yeah, Steve gave em to me..."

So anyway, I find out he's the ball boy and I ask him a ton of questions.

Francis: Pretty much confirmed that Francis's ankle is bothering him. Also said Francis wants to get out of his deal with Reebok & maybe sign with Nike because his shoes don't give him enough support or something.

Cat: Says Cuttino absolutely loves to shoot the ball, and the coaches keep encouraging him to shoot it.

Mo: I asked him about MO's rebounding and he said that Mo's been working on it. He also said the entire team is aware of Mo's rebounding problems... maybe that's why our guards are always rebounding so much.

Shan: He said Shandon hasn't been working on his dribbling too much, much to my great disappointment. I asked him whether Shandon would resign & he said Shandon's really happy & he thinks Shandon will definately resign.

Dream: He doesn't know too much & hopes that he would just retire at the end of the season. He says the Rox might resign him only for the league minimum.

Langhi: He says they talk a lot of sh** to Langhi when he makes those airballs during the game. He also said that Langhi could FLY & that he prolly has the best vertical on the team. I remember Bill Worrell said something to that nature, but I didn't believe him. Maybe he was right? I told him that Francis had to have a higher vertical & he was pretty skeptical. But one thing's for sure: the two best leapers on this team are Langhi & Francis. I asked why Rudy isnt giving him much time and he said that's just Rudy's way. If he continues to work hard & not complain, then he'll get some playing time next year.

Collier: He just shook his head and didn't say much about Collier.

Cato: Apparently Cato's still complaining. He said Cato's one of the coolest guys on the team, but his main problem is that he continues to whine & complain. Like when Cato would fumble those passes last year, he said Cato would say that the passes are too low or too fast. They're making Cato work out and he hates it, but he does it.

Webber: They're gonna go after Webber and he thinks there's a good chance they can get him. I told him that the Rockets are not a contender yet & that Webber wants to win right away. He said "Well everybody wants to win right away." I asked what would happen with Mo if we got Webber & he said that they'll still try to resign Mo and play either him or Webb at center.

And overall, he said that everyone on the team is happy & that there's really good chemistry. Also, Francis has aobut 400 pairs of shoes at his house. And also he gets a whole lot of free shoes from the team.

------------------
    PrEsident of The Danforth Langhford FAN CLUB... He IS our future All-Star Small Forward

[This message has been edited by alaskansnowman (edited January 28, 2001).]

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Does he handle the towels too, or is there someone else hired on to do that?

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Good info. Thanks.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

What mixture of How many parts gatorade to water does he use ????

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

5. DaryleWard

DaryleWard Member

LOL

------------------
    <font size="1"> "I move for no man." --"So be it." </font>

[This message has been edited by DaryleWard (edited January 28, 2001).]

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yea, I'd shake my head too about that goofy guy.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

7. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Nice skool snowman. What gym do you go to? I think i might wanna go there. Anyway, im really glad Franchise is getting NIke, he will get some commercials now. I think Cato will be gone after all his complaining and crap. I'm suprised that Langhi can jump that high, i mean, more than Franchise, thats just crazy. And i feel sorry for mo, and how everyone knows he cant rebound.

------------------

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

"the entire team is aware of Mo's rebounding problems"

That's one unemployed ball boy.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"They'll try to re-sign Mo and play either him or Webb at center."

Nelson made Webber play center at Golden State and that didn't fly too well at all.

I posted this elsewhere, so I'll be brief (a first for me) in repeating: Webber stated he wants to stay in the West; he would like a city larger than Sacramento, should he leave; and his teammates are important. Houston with Cat and Steve would qualify. So I think we have a chance at Webber.

That would mean Mo at center, which would work on this team. Now, if we can just get someone---Miami? Chicago?---to take Walt and Cato off our hands, we'd have lotsa cash to go after him.

------------------

10. wink3

wink3 Member

when Cato would fumble those passes last year, he said Cato would say that the passes are too low or too fast.
    What a huge joke Cato is. Getting paid $7 mil. and b****ing about passes makes me really hate the guy

------------------
    ...When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

O.K., they said Francis had a higher vertical than Vince Carter in the dunk contest. So this would also mean that Langhi has a greater vertical than Vince Carter.

I know Langhi has some ups but come on!

------------------

12. Sane

Sane Member

I'd rather have Cato and Webber thatn Mo and Webber. Cato and Webber will almost be twin towers. Cato is 7' and Webber is 6'11. plus, with Webber at PF, Cato will not demand any attention, so he'll get a lot of rebounds. Imagine someone like Iverson tries to drive, He has to go through Webber THEN Cato. It's PERFECT for Francis' game too. Plus, there are't enough shots in the whole NBA for a starting line-up of Webber, Taylor, Franchise, Mobley.....Then there's Shandon.

Cato
    Webber
    Shandon
    Mobley
    Francis

or

Webber
    Mo
    Shandon
    Mobley
    Francis

The first one is more realistic too. Why would Mo stay? Webber is the best PF in the league, and a leading candidate for MVP. Look at the Kings. With him, that could be us.

------------------

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I absolutely have to disagree, respectfully of course. How could anyone choose Cato over Mo right now? Cato is nothing but a high-paid gamble at this point. Will he ever play? If he does, how long will he stay healthy? Even still, will he EVER reach the illusive potential he "has" that got him the inflated contract in the first place? He put the I in IL.

Taylor plays, plays well, and is gettig better on the boards. He is much more versatile than Cato.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."