1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets reached out to Lionel Hollins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2016.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Dear god no.

Defensive coordinator? Ok.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He's a much better option than Jeff Hornacek that's for sure. That's the candidate I would say hell no to.

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Cyberx is a fraud... Hollins will not be the coach, JVG is the clear cut candidate, morey needs to just lock him up already amd get the team going!

1 person likes this.
  4. brosef

brosef Member

Not very exciting but I'd take him over jb, diantoni, and anyone else besides Vogel or JVG.

5. brosef

brosef Member

You are a ****ing dip ****. I've seen ignorant post after ignorant post from you the last week or so. Get off your phone before your teacher confiscates it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Marteen

Marteen Member

As long as it isn't Blatt, I'm cool with it. I'm not saying Blatt can't coach in this league, but the Rockets need someone who won't take Harden's s***.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Right, and JVG doesn't wanna coach Houston...

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I want no part of Hollins!

Remember why he left Memphis right? Wasn't on board with anylitics

9. eman

eman Member

Shaka Smart anyone? (I like Kelvin Sampson even better, but want him to stick with the Coogs for the next 30 years.)

10. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I just don't understand why Morey just doest get it over with, for Gods sake this is the pandering that keeps losing team losing. JVG has been watching basketball as an analyst for the last like what 8 years? The Guy lives in Houston for Gods sake. Who can possibly be a better option now that Walton, Brooks, and Thibs have been scooped up. Those teams dodnt eait long, heck even the lakers got Walton while he is still in the playoff. Just hire a coach who can coach and lets play ball! if what i am saying is ignorant, than it says alot about rockets fans this year and the reflection they have had on the Rockets team.

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

say you say me
    say it together naturally

hopefully he can change this brickhouse around

12. count_dough-ku

Didn't Hollins do a good job with Memphis? Even when they fired him, wasn't that after they got swept in the WCF? The dude is a good coach. No one was gonna succeed in Brooklyn with that disaster.

13. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Not my first choice at all. But sure better then what we had last year. Maybe this is the big plan to get Conley over here.

14. Louka

Louka Member

JVG is a pretty stubborn guy. I hated his methods last time he was here and I'm pretty sure I would hate them again. Can we please focus on a coach with potential rather than mess around with these scraps?

15. sabesque

sabesque Member

GFTOH with this post. Where did cyberx say that we were going to hire Hollins? Will you eat crow if it comes out that we're interviewing Hollins? What value does YOUR post bring?

1 person likes this.
  16. seeingred

seeingred Member

Not an insider but am convinced it's for an assistant coaching job. The Rockets are not a premier coaching destination but of the teams that need coaches, the Rockets are probably the most enticing this year. Hollins is known for defense so if we're looking at him as an assistant, that could free us up to get an offensive guru HC.

17. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Member

We not hiring a coach until we know for sure we not getting KD. That's part of the appeal Rockets are offering - get to hire your own coach.

18. Codman

Codman Member

Nice to know. I like Hollins' demeanor, though the Nets did not.

Thanks, Cyber.

Speaking of the Memphis connect, watch for the green. Frustrating as can be, but a nice punch.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Lol this is so true. You would have swore he was Phil Jackson two years ago around here. Still I thought that buzz was overrated then and he's simply an "okay" coach. I don't see why you'd go for Hollins if JVG was available. He's pretty much a lesser version of the same type of coach. Except Hollins doesn't have the Pat Riley family tree background. I don't see him as someone that will get the respect from Harden and Howard will hate him if he stays.

20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Exactly, hire ****ing Battier. Dude is sharp as nails and is young enough to relate to the guys we have. He also carries credibility as a recent player and has always been a leader. The man is bound to be a fantastic coach.