1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Give me Love or Melo. Our offense will be unstoppable. Beverley will only get better from here on out. Getting Rondo means Bev will only have right around 15-18mins left for him at the 1.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Their are so different you can't even compare.

And take the post in the right context. That was before we signed Dwight, I didn't think we should trade for Dwight because nobody thought he would stay. So at I thought it would have been smarter to trade for someone who wanted to be here, like Josh smith.

Once we actually signed Dwight, things changed. I was torn on JSmith after that. Went back and forth on it. Still not sure how it would work...

3. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

except rondo has won in basketball...

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

They're*

Also... Rondo's game does the exact opposite. They translate into championships when mixed with the right group.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I love Beverley, but he just isn't a championship starting caliber point guard. His talent, and especially his style of play, is made for a backup spark off the bench kind of role. High intensity, high energy, scrappy and tough for every minuet he plays in his 15 to 20 minuet role would be perfect. He wouldn't get tired, he wouldn't have to worry about foul trouble, he could just focus on doing his best with the highest amount of energy he could.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Give me Lowry in the regular season.

Give me Rondo in the playoffs. Dude is a walking triple double.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm obviously in favor of getting Rondo.

But I gotta say. If we could sign Lowry strait up, then trade Lin, and Asik for Milsap. If do that in a heartbeat.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

then if milsap doesn't work can try for love next year since milsap only has one year left on contract

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nice!! This would be the way to go

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I'd take Rondo over Lowry anyday.

11. maczmina

maczmina Member

Rondo is a court general, a coach on field. With Rondo we can keep McHale at bench.
    Rondo is the best player we can catch. Give us Rondo, a PF to pick&pop and a 3&D guy, and this team will be the real contender.

12. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

13. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

I’m not a huge fan of this move but it works in theory for both sides.

Boston gets:
    Asik
    Parsons
    Lin
    Casspi
    2015 1st rounder

Houston gets:
    Rondo
    Green

Houston upgrades at PG and has a new SF to slide into Parson’s place. They also don’t have to take any bad contracts back.

Boston gets another first round pick and some great albeit overpriced players.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That doesn't work for the Rockets. We'd have too much money invested in 4 players (Dwight/Harden/Rondo/Green), and we'd still need a legit PF.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Lakers want Rondo, why wouldn't they just deal with Boston directly? Wouldn't Boston want that high draft pick over the "Houston package?"

I get the reasoning for the Rockets, but I don't see where the Houston pieces are needed when LA/Boston can just deal directly.

16. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Starting and playing 32 minutes a game isn't a big role? Including 21/7/8/6 in the clincher. He was not consistent in his 2nd year, but he certainly played a big role for Boston.

40+ minutes in the seasons thereafter

1 person likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's actually as good or better than several championship point guards from years past. Stockton, Payton (as a starter), Kidd in ihs prime, Nash, Hardaway, Paul, D. Williams (in his prime), Rose, etc... no rings. Parker and Billups are the best championship winning point guards since Isiah.

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Why would Rondo wants to play for Mchale? where the offense does not involve any PGs? If you guys really want Rondo to be on this team, Mchale is not the right coach

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

What is McHales offense exactly? It is whatever Morey and Harden decide it to be at this point.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Harden & Lin play a similiar game. Except Harden's game is the star player version. This team lacks a true PG with strong handles who can bob and weave to create a shot for others. That's not Lin or Harden.

1 person likes this.