1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Coaching is not the main reason though, we played a lot of pick & roll with Harden and Asik. Asik was great in both aspects of that play, Dwight is not, he's doesn't set a good screen most of times and he doesn't roll well either, but that's well known from years, Stan Van Gundy said this, Nash said the same thing when he was a Laker...Dwight doesn't like to play that role.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Please get anything for him, there is no reason for him to stay

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

4. chandlerbang21

Perhaps you have not watched the last three games but the pick and roll has not been effective. It usually ends in an alley oop in the defenses are taking the ball out of the air

5. malakas

malakas Member

Oh god. I hope people remember what windhorst said when fa end and dwight ends up getting 20+. Some of his opinions are completely trash. The game hasnt passed dwight. It has passed slow no defence centers...like pau who the same man said will get 20.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Ahaha wade thought that was a lob

7. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Member

And you thought this was a different thread :D

8. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Codman, any chance Morey stands pat?

Not something I'd like to see, but it has to be possible.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would guess it's possible if Morey plans on missing the playoffs and saving that pick.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Zach LaVine was nothing short of spectacular in winning his second straight Slam Dunk title on Saturday and by the end of this week he may win something else; the starting point guard job for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Incumbent Ricky Rubio is readily available and the feeling is that the Spanish guard could be moved prior to Thursday's NBA trade deadline.

==========================

I never liked Frank Isola and always thought he is just a below average writer, but now its clear that he is indeed a moron.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Talking about Zach Lavine,

the last 2 time slam dunk champ before him, Jeremy Evans, is currently playing at minimum for the Mavs this year, and having DNPCD in 11 out of the last 15 games.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Budinger should have won the dunk contest that year

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Houston's Ty Lawson has been a bust with the Houston Rockets but perhaps he can turn his career and the Knicks season around over the last 27 games. Ditto for Brandon Jennings, who is also on the Knicks radar.

------------------------------------------

The only way that the Knicks will be interested for a Ty Lawson deal would be to offer Jose Calderon & Kyle O'Quinn for a salary dump. Which will be a horrible deal for any GM to accept, let alone Morey.

Besides, wtf in the Knicks roster other than their sensation rookie will excite the Rockets?

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I remember that was one of the worst dunk contest ever, not only the degree of difficulty is very low but the key point is every freaking contestants are missing nonstop.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

If we deal Dwight, Brewer, TJones, and Lawson better be included.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Howard will be here, this was all just a bunch of crock.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not much, i don't think they can throw us a 1st pick nor a 2nd so yeah, J.Grant, Early and Galloway i say...Grant and Early have basically no value, Galloway is good and cheap for this and next year, nice player, but obviously not enough.

It'll be interesting to see if the Knicks could bite to an offer like: Dwight + Lawson/Bev + Ariza + Jones x Porz + salary fillers

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

How shameless is it for people to right now claim that Lavine's dunk contest win will have any impact on the 40+ games of idiotic decision making he's put forward thus far lol

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he stays he will be leaving in the summer, guaranteed.

DD

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broussard:

Carmelo Anthony talk about going to Cleveland is not happening. Boston wants Kevin Love. They went to Cleveland asking about doing a three-team deal. Cleveland says they did not mention Carmelo. Carmelo won't waive his no-trade clause. I don't see him moving.

Clippers will tell you everyone is calling them asking if Blake is available. I've been told the Clippers called Denver and offered Griffin & Stephenson for Gallinari, Faried, Barton & Jokic. Denver turned it down because Blake will be a free agent after next season and feel he'd leave. Rivers adamantly denied it.

Will anyone rent Dwight Howard?

This is an interesting one. The Rockets told Dwight last week there's a possibility he'll be traded before the deadline. He came out publicly and said I don't want to be moved. Most people, including some in Houston, believe he does want to be moved. I'm told he'd like to get to Atlanta. Even last year's representation talked to the Hawks about it may not be working out in Houston, what do you guys think?. He'd be willing to go home. Does Atlanta want him? Some say he doesn't fit Mike Budenholzer's style of play. Boston has been named but that's not really going anywhere. Miami has been thrown out but haven't heard anything concrete. The feeling is in Houston & around the league is he doesn't get traded. Dwight wants to go somewhere and get a 5-year max deal. I don't know what team will give him that. I was also told Houston put his name out there a month ago just to see what they could get and were surprised how little they'd get in return.

#1200 J.R., Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.